Caning

Most people were tossed in the dungeons, but Varian wasn't a normal war prisoner. He was a traitor to Saporia, therefore, he already understood what was to become of him. There was confusion, just a dark glare in his eyes as he dragged into the throne room.

He felt Juniper shove him down on his shoulder, trying force him to his knees. Varian merely yanked his shoulder away, but that resulted in him being kicked in the back of his knees. Unable to help it, he landed on his hands and knees with a hiss.

"Well, well. Still have that rebellious spirit I see," Andrew taunted. He was sitting on what used to be Fredric's throne, wearing one of his ceremonial capes to top it off.

"Not that much has changed in a year. I mean, there was a big demon that almost demolished Corona, but honestly, was that any different than the usual attempted takeover?"

"So I see. Still got that smart mouth. Better watch it," Andrew reminded.

"Why? You're going to try to kill me anyways," Varian retorted.

Andrew slowly stood up. "Well, Saporian traitors do pay with their lives-"

"I said you'd try. Dosen't mean you will," Varian repeated.

The Saporian leader chuckled at this, walking towards him. Suddenly, he kneed Varian in the face hitting his nose. The seventeen year old pulled his face back, cupping his nose that was starting to bleed. His eyes teared up instantaneously, and he couldn't hold them back no matter how much he tried.

"Lucky you, we're not going to kill you. Yet. Unless on in the midst of battle, it's illegal to kill anyone under the age of eighteen by Saporian law. You're under our custody, so there is no need of your death so quickly." He squatted down and grabbed Varian's chin, despite the teen covering it with both his hands trying to stop the bleeding. "So, if I were you, I'd learn to be obedient, and maybe you can make up for your little hiccups. Then we won't sentence you to your death."

"Oh, lucky me," Varian muttered.

Chuckling, Andrew stood up. "That said, you still must be punished for your wrongs. Clementine, help him get his face cleaned up first."

Clementine came over with a bowl of water and a rag. Varian didn't resist since he wanted to get cleaned up as well. Andrew took off his cape and walked away momentarily. By the time Varian's nose stopped bleeding and he was all cleaned up, the man had returned.

Andrew leaned down and grabbed him by his upper arm and pulled him to his feet. Varian gave him a defiant glare, and, surprisingly, Andrew found no hidden fear in them. He chuckled. "What? Are you that confident that I'm just going to lock you in the closet or something."

"No."

"Listen, buddy. You're lawfully considered a rebellious child and nothing more. So we're going to treat you like one. I'd quickly become more submissive if I were you."

"But that's the thing, Hubert. You're not me."

"Right, because you're going to do what I tell you to, but first, do I need to tie you down?"

Varian thought about this for a moment. "For what?"

The man rolled his eyes. "The punishment, or are you going to stick it up and bare it?"

"From the sounds of it, I'm probably not going to be able to do anything anyways," Varian retorted.

"Possibly. Depends on what I decide." He pulled him over to the other side of the room.

Varian felt himself get shoved. Stumbling, he turned around, wondering if he wanted to know what was about to happen. That was when he noticed that Andrew was holding a caning stick in his hand. The teen wiped away any trace of fear that might have been showing, but his heart was pounding.

Andrew raised the cane and snapped it down his shoulder. Varian flinched back, wincing from the pain. He bit down his tongue the second hit. Not realizing he was backing away, his back hit the wall. The cane hit the side of his stomach, causing him to finally let out a yelp. Andrew gave a more powerful swing, knocking Varian off his feet, making the teen gasp.

"What, already? Kid, I've only started," Andrew taunted, raising the cane to hit his back. Varian tried to look strong, but it was hurting, and he was having difficulty keeping a straight face.

A whimper escaped his throat, but he wasn't going to let Andrew break him. Not this time.