Mama Said

Kendall POV: 

We had just got done with having a 'fight'with Philips. We won. But we have to play them tomorrow. 

I decided to sing a song that was playing in my head, while the boys got into their places. I would play but I'm tired so yea. I sat down on the grass, near the dugout and started to whisper sing the lyrics. Little did I know, the boys could still hear me. 

"When mama said that it was okay. Mama said that it was quite alright. Our kind of people had a bed for the night and it was ok. Mama told us we were good kids. And daddy told us never listen to the ones. Pointing nasty fingers and making fun 'cause we were good kids." I sang in a whisper. I didn't know the the boys had stopped playing and watched me. 

"Remember asking both my mom and dad, why we never traveled to exotic lands. We only ever really visit friends. Nothing to tell when the summer ends. We never really went buying clothes. Folks were passing on this stuff plenty loads. New shoes once a year and then. Out to play ball so we could ruin them." 

"When mama said that it was okay. Mama said it was quite alright. Our kind of people had a bed for the night, and it was ok. Mama told us we were good kids And daddy told us never listen to the ones. Pointing nasty fingers and making fun, 'cause we were good kids."

"Don't get me wrong I didn't have it bad. I got enough loving from my mom and dad. But I don't think they really understood, when I said i wanted the deal in Hollywood. I told them i'll be singing on YV. The other kids were calling me a wannabe. The older kids they started bugging me. But now they all standing right in front of me. When mama said that it was okay. Mama said it was quite alright. Our kind of people had a bed for the night, and it was ok. Mama told us we were good kids. And daddy told us never to listen to the ones. Pointing nasty fingers and making fun, cause we were good kids." 

"I know which place I'm from, I know my home. When I'm in doubt and struggling. That's where I go. An old friend can give advice. When new friends only know a half story. That's why I'm always keep them tight. And why I'm okay, I said I'm ok. You know what my mama said? You know what she told me? My mama said the it was okay. Mama said it was quite alright. Our kind of people had a bed for the night, and it was ok. Mama told us we were good kids, And daddy told us never listen to the ones. Pointing nasty fingers and making fun, cause we were good kids. When mama said that it was okay. Dabdadadabdadad bdaaa....dabdadababdadad bdaaa....When mama said that it was okay." I then finshed and started to hear clapping. I look up to see all the boys watching me. I get up and start to bow, making the boys laugh.

A/N: Ok, when I was typing this I was pretending to make a edit for the sandlot and mighty ducks. I mean it fits the movie good, if you have the same mind set like me.  Also your gonna have to search the song if you want the lyrics, sorry.