3

Narrator's POV

After Griffith's encounter with Gutts, Griffith went back to his tent to sleep and Gutts went somewhere else to think about what Griffith said...

" From the moment I saw you, I thought that you were the most beautiful human being on earth."

Gutts frowned when she thought about that. She decided to go get her sword and train to get her mind off of Griffith. " Who the hell does he think he is? He forces me to join his stupid mercenary band and now he flirts with me! That bastard! That damn bastard!!" Gutts yelled as she cut down a tree. Guts sat down for a bit to catch her breath and she noticed that her hands were a bit bruised from holding her sword too long. " Damnit." She muttered as she put her sword back on her back and headed back to where the mercenary band were.

" Hey Gutts! Where're you headed?" Rickert questioned her. Gutts had a soft spot for Rickert since he was so young, " To find the medical supplies. I hurt my hands while training." She said showing her hands to Rickert. Rickerts eye brows rose at the bruises and then he took her to where she could treat them. " Here, I'll do it for you." He said and Gutts tried to protest but she ended up letting him do it anyway.

Gutts POV

" So...are you and Griffith together now?" He asked while tending to my hands. I felt my whole body shiver at that, " What?! Hell, no! Why would you think that?" I questioned him. He just shrugged his shoulders, " Griffith seems to like you a lot. You don't feel the same?" He asked.

My brows furrowed at this and I glared at Rickert. " No, I don't. And I never will. Getting close to people is something I can never let happen again." I said to him. He looked at me shocked and then he looked down. " Well then, um...your wounds are good now!" He said. My eyes widened when I realized my hands were wrapped up in bandages. I smiled at him and ruffled his hair, " Thanks. I'm gonna go to bed. You should do the same." I said. Rickert nodded and ran to wherever his tent was.

I actually lied.

I was going to train some more in the forest.

I was swinging my sword up and down so I could train my arms and make them used to the weight of it. They already are used to it but they're just not fast enough. " Especially not for him." I said to myself. And I don't plan on switching to some wimpy sword either.

After I finished swinging my sword, I started working out. First, I did 100 push ups, then I did 100 sit ups, and now I was running. While I was running, I was able to feel a sense of relief and I could clear my thoughts as well.

' It sure feels nice tonight.' I thought as I ran. I looked around to take in the scenery but once I looked forward again, I saw a figure stand in front of me. " Who the hell.." I slowed down and walked up to the person, and then I frowned and relaxed when I realized it was Casca.

" Oh, it's just you.", I said.

She just stood there and glared at me. ' What does this bitch want?' I thought to myself. I raised a brow at her and checked my surroundings just to make sure no one was trying to attack me. " It's just me. I wanted to talk to you." she finally said.

I relaxed but I still kept my guard up.

" Okay...about what exactly?" I asked her.

She walked to a tree and leaned on it. I was honestly annoyed by her just being here. ' Why is she wasting my time right now?'

Casca looked up and asked,

" How long do you plan on staying with us?"

My eyes widened at this.

' How did she know? Did I give off some sign that I was gonna leave?', So many questions raced in my mind.

I stood there trying to figure out what to say. My whole body seethed with anger and frustration. Casca just sat there looking up to the sky.

" It's fine if you do. I'm sure no one will actually care....except for him." She said looking away.

I knew who she was talking about but I didn't want to bring up Griffith. I knew from the moment I saw those two interact that she liked that guy. I honestly don't see why...

Casca moved from the tree and she looked straight at me. She gave me an icy glare. One that could send chills down anyone's spine. Unfortunately, not mine.

" If you have nothing important to talk about, I'm going to go ahead and continue my run." I said as I was about to continue running but then she stopped me.

My eyes widened in anger and I quickly pushed her off of me. She quickly responded with a punch and eventually we got into a fight.

" Why won't you just leave!" She said in between punches.

I was too angry to even answer and with a swift kick, she was on the ground. I got on top of her and was about to punch her until something caught my eye.

" Why are you...crying?" I said, with a confused look.

I put my fist down and looked at her. It was honestly kind of pathetic..

She wiped her tears quickly and frowned.

" Go ahead!" She said, " Punch me! Show me that you're stronger and better!"

I rose a brow at her and felt a little uncomfortable. I got up and dusted myself off and decided to walk away.

Casca quickly got up and I could tell that she was embarrassed.

" S-So that's it?! You're just gonna leave?! Coward!" She yelled.

I stopped and quickly walked back to her. I could tell that she was nervous and so I raised my hand. She flinched but opened her eyes when she saw that I put my hand on her head.

" You don't have to force yourself. It doesn't fix anything nor does it make anything better." I said calmly.

I turned around and stopped.

" You should focus on yourself. Don't let no one change who you are..." I started walking, " Or you'll end up like me." I said quietly.

I finished my run that night and went to bed. Although, it did affect my sleep and unfortunately we had to get up early. I was pissed the whole morning so nobody bothered me or approached me.

Well, except for one person.

" Good morning, Gutts! How'd you sleep?" Griffith asked.

I frowned at him and looked away. " None of your goddamn business. Leave me alone." I said.

He frowned and then he sighed and walked away. I looked to myself and saw Casca staring at Griffith with eyes full of sadness. This made me smack my teeth.

' I joined a band of mercenaries full of drama?'

This is going to be a pain in the ass.

To Be Continued...

Sorry, I haven't been updating! Same excuses! School, life, I'm in marching band now sooo yeah! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!