eight

HELENA STRUTTED DOWN THE HALLWAYS, STOPPING IN FRONT OF THE BOYS CHANGING ROOMS. Without a second thought, she swung the door open revealing over two dozen shirtless boys. She grimaced at the horrendous smells that were radiating off of the teens surrounding her. She adjusted the duffel bag which was draped across her torso, the strap pressing into her chest uncomfortably and the actual bag sitting on her ass which bounced with every step.

A few boys stared dumbfounded by her presence as a few covered their chests while others winked, their arms leaning against the metal lockers. Helena ignored all of them, mindset on finding her friend. "And why are you talking like he's already dead?" A boy asked. Helena turned around to see the werewolf Scott and his friend Stiles talking to each other. She hid behind Stiles' locker door unnoticed by the two boys, eavesdropping on their conversation. "He's just missing."  

"Missing and presumed dead because he's probably a virgin, Scott. And you know who else is a virgin? Me. I'm a virgin, okay?" Stiles practically screamed, "And you know what that means? It means my lack of sexual experience is now a literal threat to my life!" Helena stifled a laugh, pulling out her nearly-finished packet of goldfish from her bag as he flapped his arms around urgently. "Okay, I need to have sex, like, right now. Someone needs to have sex with me, like, today. Like, someone needs to sex me right now!" He exclaimed slamming his locker shut loudly. 

"I'll do it." Stiles spun around with a shriek as both boys stared in shock as the blonde girl stood behind them, a packet of goldfish in her hand as she threw one in her mouth. "Really? Wait what- no- what are you doing in here?!" Stiles stuttered covering his clothed chest with a towel as if he were naked. "Hmm, don't worry carino, I've seen it all before." She hummed, winking and looking him up and down. Stiles' face flushed a bright red which was a strong contrast compared to his pale skin. "I'm looking for Danny, have you seen him?" She asked, her sharp eyes analyzing all of his movements.

Both boys wordlessly pointed to the lockers opposite them where Danny was standing wearing a bright green t-shirt. "Grazie." She waved before skipping over to the tall boy, "Oi, Danny! Where are my 25 dollars huh?" Helena asked throwing a few tiny golden biscuits at his head. Danny turned to face the girl with an unamused look on his face. She just smiled innocently at him, throwing another goldfish in her mouth with a palm held out in front of her. "Here." He said shuffling through his wallet and slapping a ten-dollar note in her hand. 

Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she motioned him to give her the rest of what he owed. "I'll give you the rest after cross country." He said before shutting his locker door. Helena pouted at him, her plump rosy lips pursed outwards. "Oh leave me alone." He moaned annoyed, pushing her face out of the way. Helena whined, stomping her feet softly on the floor. When she went to grab more of the fish-shaped treats she began crumpling the packet into a ball in frustration as it was now empty.

Danny was now facing away from Helena, talking to another teammate so she took this chance to throw the ball of paper at his head. The other boy let out a snort while Danny spun around, glaring eyes landing on Helena who quickly threw her arm out pointing to Stiles. "He did it!" She exclaimed, poor Stiles shook his head furiously, arms flying around as he tried to defend himself from the false accusation. Once Danny had turned back around Stiles sent a strong glare in Helena's direction. 

She stuck her tongue out teasingly and began to walk off but was stopped when she slammed into a body. They both stumbled back surprised, Helena looked up to see the Coach looking confused as to why a girl was in the men's locker room. "Wh- what are you doing in here? Y'know what- I don't care." He said waving her off. "Mr Lahey, happy to have you back, not happy that you're late." Coach said to the tall, curly dirty blonde boy with high check bones and a strong jaw that Helena had seen the other night. 

"Sorry, Coach." He replied, walking off to his locker. "Hey." A voice said from behind Helena, she turned around to see Scott and Stiles standing a few feet away from her. "Yes?" Both boys had nervous and slight fear radiating from their bodies as they shifted uncomfortably under her hard stare. She raised an eyebrow at them expectantly, "Well um..." Scott began, trailing off as if trying to find the right words for what he was needing to say. He looked at his human friend, both having a silent conversation in their minds.

"Were you the one who helped Derek from the werewolves the other night?" Stiles asked loudly. both Scott and Helena seemed surprised at how blunt he asked the question. "Stiles!" The other whisper yelled while elbowing him in the side. Helena burst out in a fit of laughter, body hunched over as she laughed hysterically. Scott stared confused while Stiles seemed more frustrated. Her laughs echoed throughout the vicinity as boys stared at her crumpled, shaking figure. 

After a few minutes, she finally calmed down, back straitening while she whipped a stray tear from her cheek. The crowd seemed to have lost interest as they resumed what they were previously doing. "What's so funny?" Stiles demanded, crossing his arms over his chest. "Ah nothing, nothing." She chuckled, waving him off. "That was just so unexpected." She explained, still recovering from her fit of laughter. "Well? Was it you or not?" He pressed, the ball of his foot tapping on the ground impatiently. 

Helena rested an elbow on top of a crossed arm, fingers curled under her chin in fake contemplation. "When you say Derek, do you mean the obnoxious Alpha who tried to take on two werewolves and nearly get himself killed?" She asked sarcastically, "So it was you." Scott questioned. Helena sent a mocking smile their way, both boys surprised at how easy it was for her to confess. They expected her to defend herself and call them crazy for asking such a stupid question. Werewolves weren't real right? they were just a fairytale- a horror story for children. And even if so, why should she have to tell them if it was her or not who saved the Alpha? The answer to that question was simple- she didn't care. There is no other explanation, just that she didn't care whether or not they knew. 

Helena turned her back to the boys, leaving them in shock as she walked to Danny. "Let me remind you all Cross-country is not optional for lacrosse players. I don't need you turning into a bunch of fat-asses in the off-season!" Coach roared at the team. Once he finished what he was saying both Danny and the boy who came late from before - who now Helena was calling Poodle because of his curly hair - pulled off their shirts showing off their well-defined abs and impressive biceps. Coach gulped knowing his previous statement was quite unlikely as the lacrosse boys were very fit. "So work on that..." He trailed off, walking away. Helena held a fist to her mouth, holding in a laugh. "You doing the cross country?" Danny asked slipping on a fresh t-shirt.

Helena looked down at her outfit which consisted of black mid-thigh bicycle shorts, and an oversized florentine blue sweatshirt with black runners. She nodded her head looking back up to him smiling. "Here." She said lifting the duffle bag from her shoulders and handing it to him. She pulled off the cozy sweatshirt, the muscles in her arms flexing as she removed it. The boys around her stared agape as the light grey sports bra she was wearing revealed her toned abs from years and years of exercise. 

"Grazie." She thanked taking back the sports bag and stuffing the jumper inside, then pulling out a black baseball cap and slipping it onto her head, the hat keeping her short golden hair out of her face. "Can I keep my bag in your locker?" She asked looking over to Danny who nodded. She smiled handing the duffel bag to him who pushed it in with his bags and shut the door. "Alright, let's go."

--

[UNEDITED]

Word count: 1462