twelve.

ONE MINUTE HELENA WAS RELAXING AT HOME, lying down on her comfortable bed while blasting some rock music. And the next minute she was in the backseat of a car with a banshee and hunter. It was all a big blur really, Lydia had called her from out of the blue, Helena flabbergasted at how she had ended up with her number and demanded that she go with her and Allison on a car trip. Of course, she had said no at first knowing who Allison was and what her family did. No way was Helena going to be stuck in a car with her for who knows how long. Yet she ended up caving when Lydia promised her a packet of Goldfish. She was easy to please.

Lydia and Allison sat at the front of the car leaving Helena to have the whole backseat to herself so she took the pleasure of stretching out into a comfortable position while snacking on some baked delights. "Oi, Helena! Feet off of the seats!" Allison scolded causing her to stick her tongue out at her in the rearview mirror. She furrowed her eyebrows at the girl in frustration as she continued to leave her boot-clad feet on her precious leather seats. "Why did you have to bring her again?" Allison complained, looking at her friend annoyed. "Do we even know what she is? For all, we know she could be even more dangerous than a werewolf!"

"Hush, Stiles told me to watch her, and she hasn't done anything harmful that we know of. Plus she's my new friend, and she has a hot accent." Lydia explained. "Aww, thank you, Amore," Helena said, blowing her a kiss as she looked back at her. "Why are we following the bus again?" Helena asked, leaning forward onto the back of Lydia's seat. "Right, are we following the bus... or your ex-boyfriend who happens to be on that bus"

"Well after what happened I'm not letting him out of my sight."

"And what exactly happened?" Helena asked confused, resting her chin on the leather seat. Allison breathed in a sigh, looking between the two girls who looked at her expectantly. She explained how Scott, Derek and the others formed an alliance to fight against the Alpha pack. Apparently, it was a brutal and bloody battle that ended up with a dead Derek and Alpha. "So, to sum it all up, we're stalking your ex-boyfriend because you're worried about him?" Helena asked. "Sounds pretty much right." Lydia confirmed, "Ok, I'm going to take a nap. Wake me if, and only if pigs fly or the Spice Girls get back together."

--

When Helena woke up from her nap laying across Alison's leather car seats, rock music playing softly from the built-in stereo. Her nose and mouth were hidden in a cyan blue infinity scarf, arms were crossed tight over her chest trying to keep herself warm as her fingers tapped lightly on her skin to the beat of the song she was humming. "So is that whole, 'Not let them out of your sight' thing literal or more like a general rule?" Lydia asked Alison, putting down her textbook with a name Helena couldn't be bothered trying to pronounce. Themonaneternatic? Thermometer? Thermodynamicljvripnv? "Why?" Alison asked, head resting in her hand as she drove. "Your running on fumes," She pointed out bluntly causing Alison to groan in frustration. "Yeah... And I'm pretty sure that bus holds a lot more gas than this Toyota." 

"Oh what a feeling," Helena mumbled keeping her eyes sealed shut from the bright sun glaring into her eyes. Both girls groaned at the comment, shaking their heads. "What if we stop?" Alison rushed out, looking at Lydia from the corner of her eyes. "Is it really that big of a deal? So we lose them, we know where they're headed." Helena drowned out the rest of their conversation, not finding it the least bit interesting until the cars in front of them came to a sudden stop. Alison quickly slammed her foot on the brakes, the action causing Helena to roll off of the seats and into the footwell roughly.

"Told you, you needed a seatbelt," Alison sneered, looking down at the girl through the rear-view mirror. The girl flipped her the bird, poking her tongue out while 'accidentally' kicking the back of her seat as she pulled herself back up causing the brunette to yelp in shock. Once she nestled back down into a comfortable position with her knees tucked up to her chest a ding sounded from her back pocket. Helena reached down pulled out the phone and saw a text from Danny. Stiles is acting weird. She chuckled at his message, quickly typing back. He's always weird, care to elaborate? 

He's telling me to ask Ethan why he keeps checking his phone. Do you know why? 

No clue, sorry. I'll tell him to bugger off. She messaged back before she opened up a chat with the sarcastic boy. Stop harassing my friend Stilinski. The blonde waited for the speech bubble to pop up and once it does she received a quick reply that read, You can't stop me 😼🍆 The girl furrowed her eyebrows in question when another text came through just as quick as the first.

Shit. wrong emoji, I meant to send this

😼🖕

Chuckling slightly she sent him another text. Just leave him alone. She waited a few more minutes before receiving a final reply from the boy. Ok mum. She laughed, slipping the phone back into her pocket when Lydia's phone began to ring. "Hey, Stiles. Yeah, we're just about to walk into a movie. Uh, you know, the popcorn and-" Before she could continue she was cut off, "Yeah, I know you guys are right behind us. Put me on speaker." Stiles stated bluntly through the phone. Lydia begrudgingly pulled the phone away from her ear and pressed a button on her phone screen. 

"Ok look, Scott's still hurt." Lydia and Alison furrowed their eyebrows, looking down at the phone as if Stiles were actually there. "What do you mean still? Is he not healing?" The brunette asked worriedly."No, he's not healing," Helena sat up as he began to explain, "I think he's actually gotten worse, the blood's turning, like, a black colour," 

"W-What's wrong with him?" Lydia stuttered, "What's wrong with him? I don't- Do I look like I have a PhD in Lycanthropy? Lydia, how am I meant to know that?" Stiles sassed. Helena snorted at his comment while Alison pinched the bridge of her nose in annoyance. "We need to get him off the bus." She stated, "And take him where? A hospital?" Lydia asked rhetorically, both knowing that wasn't an option for the werewolf. "If he's dying, yeah." Helena shook her head, "Ok, and just say we somehow manage to make it to a hospital through all of this traffic. What do you exactly think you're going to tell the doctors?" She jeered. 

"Our werewolf friend got in a playground fight with a pack of Alfa's and he's not healing, what do you suggest we do Doc?" She mocked in an annoying, high-pitched, sing-song voice. Alison let out a puff of annoyance, "Wait, Helena? Is that Helena? Why is she with you? Who brought her?" He rushed out, "Lydia, but that's not important. Stiles, there's a rest area about a mile up. Tell him to pull over." 

"Yeah, I've been trying." 

"Reason with him then," Helena commented. "Reason?!" He shrieked, "Have you MET this guy?

"Just try something!" Alison snapped, leaning forward onto the steering wheel and letting out a long sigh. "Woah, cool your fanny, Sharpay Evans! No need to get your panties in a twist," Helena remarked, leaning forward between Lydia and Alison. 

--

•••

UNEDITED

Word count: 1337

Do not like this chapter :/