Does It Have To Be Done Like This?

"I can't protect you if you keep protecting them!" that's what Jiang Cheng had said to Wei Wuxian when he went to tell him to leave the Wen remnant.

Jiang Cheng knows if Wei Wuxian protects the remaining Wens, he will be in trouble. He knows Wei Wuxian won't change his mind, but he will try. If Wei Wuxian protects the Wens, Jiang Cheng will have to make a hard decision. He has to rather ignore the Cultivation world and defend Wei Wuxian or let Wei Wuxian be the enemy of the Cultivation world and die sooner or later.

Whatever Jiang Cheng chooses, it will be a burden to him in one way or another. If he goes against the Cultivation world and chooses to support Wei Wuxian, Yunmeng Jiang will be in trouble with Wei Wuxian. He can't let that happen. Jiang Sect is still rising after everything. His sister will be in trouble too. If he let Wei Wuxian protect the Wens and be the enemy of the Cultivation world, Wei Wuxian have to die sooner or later and he has to be a part of it too. Both are something he can't let happen. But life is cruel. It will give you something and take something. It will let you choose the hardest decision. It's up to you to make the right choice if it exists. Every right choice has a connection with wrong or made us make a wrong move.

Life made Jiang Cheng let Wei Wuxian be the enemy of the Cultivation world. He can only protect one thing. Wei Wuxian or his Sect and sister. Jiang Cheng was already prepared if Wei Wuxian make him make the hard decision.

He calculated beforehand. If he decides to protect Wei Wuxian, there's a high chance he can't protect Wei Wuxian. He will just bring Jiang Sect and his sister to downfall or worse if possible. If he let Wei Wuxian do what he wants, he will have to let Wei Wuxian die. That's why he decided to let Wei Wuxian do what he wants. To let Wei Wuxian play the role of the hero like always.

*

*

*

Did Jiang Cheng know before the decision and prediction he made was all a lie? He let Wei Wuxian do what he wants. But that results in him losing his sister and making his nephew an orphan. To be the one called who killed Wei Wuxian, if he knew the result will be the same, would he have stayed beside Wei Wuxian, his brother? Just what benefit did he get? Does life have to be this cruel? He already knows life is cruel. But why does it always have to remind him every day about this?

Does it have to be done like this? - a question he thinks, but can't ask anyone. There is no one to answer his question. Not his sister, Jiang Yanli. Not his brother, Wei Wuxian. He has no one to ask. No one to answer.

The 5 years old Jin Ling who cries in the corner because someone bullied him by saying he is an orphan, never told him about this even if he caught him red-handed...

The 10 years old Jin Ling hates Wei Wuxian and says he will kill him if he gets back...

The 15 years old Jin Ling lost his uncle who used to love him or show him love and, in the last, that uncle threatened to kill him. He can't hate Jin Guangyao. He can't hate Wei Wuxian. The boy is burdened by the duty of the Sect Leader at this age.

*

*

*

Since the day Jiang Cheng gets to know the core he has is Wei Wuxian's, he ignores Wei Wuxian. He doesn't even look at Wei Wuxian.

5 years later since the Guanyin temple incident...

"Hey, Jin Li-" Wei Wuxian pauses seeing the boy sleeping peacefully. He looks tired. He smiles a little at that. His voice startled a man in that same room. It is none other than Jiang Cheng. He almost chokes on his tea. He clears his throat, making Wei Wuxian notice him.