Chapter 1

Birds chirp and sing their songs as the rays of the sun shine through the cracks in the pure white curtains, lighting up the cozy room in a golden hue.

Olivia Lee wakes up slowly, first sitting up and counting to five before she gets up and starts making her bed.

She changes with a smile on her face, looking out the window and thinking today is gonna be a good day.

She wears a pale blue dress and some pretty sandals to match, her hair up in a neat plait. She grabs a weaved basket, leaving her room while humming a happy tune.

"Up so early?"
Olivia turns to the familiar voice with a big smile on her face, heart swelling as she skips over and plants a quick kiss onto the older man's cheek. She inhales subtly, smiling at the familiar smell of flowers.

"Of course. I need to go grocery shopping. Is there anything you want me to buy?" She asks politely, halfway out the front door.

Her father thinks for a moment before he smiles: "Get me some lilacs for the shop?"

Olivia laughs, smile bright enough to replace the sun. "Of course, appa. I'll be back soon!"

"Be safe!"

Olivia walks happily, passing her and her friends' small store but stopping just before turning the corner. She decides to clock in briefly and check to see whether or not they were in.

"Jeongin? Jisung? You guys in here?" She calls out, peeking into the store tentatively.

"Olivia!"
She turns to Jisung, her most recent best friend. With a grin she walks over, giving him a lengthy hug before pulling away to look at him.

"Where's I.N?" She asks, brows furrowing. Images of Jeongin laying beaten and bruised as a young boy on the corner of the street flashes past her eyes and she shudders.

"Oh, Innie? He went for a walk around the village. I doubt he'll be back anytime soon, though." Jisung says, pouting at his friend sadly.

Olivia hums, her brows furrowed. Squeezing Jisung's hand, she heads to the door.

"If he comes back, invite him back to my place. You two should come over for dinner." She leaves with a wave. 

"Off to the market I go," she sings to herself, walking past a group of men hanging about the corner of their studio.

As she nears the market, spices, freshly baked bread and hotteok infiltrate her senses, making it hard to focus on only one stall.

She gathers some bread and ingredients to make tteokboki, not forgetting to buy her father a bouquet of different colored lilacs. She wonders idly what type of assortments he's going to use them for next but is quickly distracted when an older lady falls down a few feet in front of her.

She rushes forward when no-one else does, helping her stand with a worried look.

"Ajumma, are you alright?" Olivia asks, brows drawn down with concern. The lady gives her a crooked smile, nodding as she dusts off her dress.

"Yes yes, I'm quite alright. Thank you for your help, sweetheart."
Olivia smiles at the croaky sounding lady, her eyes forming happy little crescent moons.

———————————————

"Felix, would you please slow down? We're in the middle of town." Bang Chan scolds the Prince with a fierce look.

The only reason they're here is because Felix begged his mother to let him walk around the village.

"Calm down, Chris. I'm moving as fast as a snail." Felix sasses to his bodyguard, looking back at the other two men who were told to follow them.

Felix huffs in annoyance. How was he ever to explore with these three breathing down his neck?

He smirks, whistling casually before bolting off into the market. Chan yells as the other guards race after the young prince, Chan's attention momentarily on the pretty lady helping an older woman to her feet.

The Queen will want to hear about this...

———————————————

"And you say she looks around Hyunjin's age?" The Queen asks seriously, glancing at her husband with an interested look.

"Yes, Your Majesty. She was very pretty as well."
The King's lips twitch at this, and he shares a look with his wife for a long moment, communicating without words.

"Find out about this girl, and get a carriage ready. I think it's time we meet with her parents."

"Yes, Your Majesty."

———
end [October 9th, 2021 @ 01:04]
« dearly_somber  » || « edited »
———