Chapter 4

The Royals are waiting in their smaller, more personal dining room. The seating arrangements are quite simple. The King and Queen are sitting down at the heads of the table, the King at the farthest point from the entrance.

Hyunjin walks in and notes Chan already sitting to the King’s right. Hyunjin sits next to Chan, and that leaves six empty seats.

Felix walks in not long after, taking a seat next to his adoptive brother with Seungmin following close behind, taking the last seat on the left side of the table. When Hannah and Olivia finally arrive, they are lead to their seats in-front of the Prince’s—Hannah across from Felix and Olivia in front of her soon-to-be-husband, Hyunjin.

[                  King
Chan
Hyunjin                    Olivia
Felix                         Hannah
Seungmin
                  Queen                     ]

Hyunjin would be lying if he said that Olivia didn’t look stunning. The blue looks absolutely perfect on her. So far, he thinks she looks best in blue although he hasn’t seen her in yellow yet.

Her cute freckles catch his eyes next. This is when he notices the similarities between Olivia and Felix. Slowly realizing…

Hyunjin doesn’t realize he’s staring until he makes eye contact with her. She bows her head and he blushes madly. The light perfectly reflects onto her skin, making him blush more. She looks ethereal.

Slowly, he begins to search for flaws in an attempt to let his heart calm down.

He sighs. 8’Tonight is gonna be a long night.’

When he finally finds a flaw, she’s already settled and is talking with the King. Something about her life back home. He isn’t really listening. That is, until something catches his attention.

“I was wondering if I could go and see my friends and tidy up our studio tomorrow?”

King Hanbin nods his head before asking her for the address. After that, she gets lost in a conversation with Queen Hyuna.

“Hey, Felix,” Hyunjin whisper-shouts after noticing Felix’s almost detached state.

Felix turns his head to his brother with questioning eyes. Hyunjin knows Felix doesn’t mind though. Neither of them were listening.

“Yeah?”

“Penny for your thoughts?” Hyunjin smiles warmly.

“She’s grown well,” Felix confirms Hyunjin’s speculation. “I hope she doesn’t get mad at me. I mean, I’ve never even seen her in person, face to face, since I was adopted. She might hold it against me. Appa said that she doesn’t know we’re related.”

“You saw your dad?”

Felix nods, but their conversation gets interrupted by the maids bringing dinner.

Hyunjin observed his wife-to-be during dinner. ’Funny’, he thinks. He admires her, but she hates him.

When dinner is finally over, the King and Queen leave. Now, it’s just the young adults left.

“You look really nice.” Chan compliments Olivia. Hyunjin would be lying if he said he wasn’t jealous.

“Why, thank you! You look very handsome.”

Okay. That ticked Hyunjin off.

“I don’t like your dress. It’s very revealing and doesn’t fit your personality. You look unhealthy in it: too skinny.” He blurts out. ’Damnit, Hyunjin! Why did you say that?!’

Olivia is fuming. She stands up, looks Hyunjin in the eyes and says: “I very much like this dress. I personally think it’s not at all revealing and you didn’t even know my personality!” She scoffs. Hyunjin opens his mouth to say something but Olivia beats him to it.

“You Royals really do think you’re the best. May I remind you that I don’t come from a snobby, rich household and that it’s rude to comment on someone’s weight. You’re exactly how I imagined: rude!”

She storms off and immediately Hannah stands up. Bows. Apologizes. Runs out after Olivia.

“What the hell, Hyunjin? What’s wrong with you?” Seungmin says angrily, pushing himself up and out of his chair before leaving as well.

——
end [November 7th, 2021 @ 00:29]
« @haster_mara » || « edited  »
——

I wrote this in class 👁👄👁

Ma'am mad. Thoughts?