Chapter One - Cold Coffee

Hi I'm Amy. I'm 21 years old and I'm from London. I moved to London when I was 16 with my mum and my three older brothers and two sisters. I worked as an entertainment writer for a small music magazine. We interview up and coming artists. 

Like a usual day I woke up, got a shower, got dressed, grabbed breakfast and headed out the door to work. I stopped in a starbucks down the road like a did every morning. I ordered a normal tea to go. I took it from the lady at the counter and paid, then headed out the door. I was stopped in my tracks by my boss. 

''Hello there Amy.''

''Hey Steve. What brings you in here this morning?''

''Buying coffee's. The person you're going to interview wants a coffee so me being the kind gentleman I am, went all the way down the street to buy one for him.''

''Wait? Ed Sheeran?'' I asked. Everyone was trying to get this interview for weeks. Unfortunatly I didn't quite get it. I had missed a couple of days or something stupid like that. 

''Yes. And since John is sick, you are going to interview him.'' I lookd at my boss in shock. I was so happy I hugged him. 

''Thank you so much! I won't mess this up I promise!'' He nodded.

''I'm counting on you Amy.'' He said and I left the shop. I skipped up the street. I entered the building I waved to the girl at the front desk and carried on up the elevator to start my day. I was greeted by Josh a man I work with.

''Amy Ed's here. John has left the questions here. Please don't be clumsy.'' He handed me the clipboard of questions. I took a deep breath and walked to the room in which all of the interviews were held. The door was open so I peeked my head in the door. I saw a head of messy ginger hair and I knew it was Ed. 

''Hi I'm Amy I'll be...'' Before I could finish my sentence I tripped over sending paper everywhere. Somehow my tea ended up unharmed and not spilled at all. Ed quickly got up to help me.

''I'm so sorry. I'm so clumsy. For god sake why do I always do this?'' Ed just laughed and held out his hand to help me up.  I took it and pulled myself up. We stood there with him holding my hand for a while but not in an awkward way.. We were just smiling at each other.

''Here let me help you pick these up.'' He said breaking the silence.

''Yeah they are pretty important.'' I said and he chuckled. We bent down to pick them up. I looked up and he was staring at me and smiling, He had really lovely blue eyes. We were interuped by a knock at the door. We looked up to see Steve holding a coffee. 

''Sorry to interupt but Ed here is your coffee.'' Steve handed it to him.

''Thank's alot. Apreciate it.'' Ed said. Steve then left. Ed took a sip and then put his coffee down beside my tea.

''Okay let's get this thing started then shall we?'' I said indicating Ed to sit on the chair. The interview went well. We talked about what he was doing at the moment and where his gigs were. 

''What do you think would be the hardest thing about being a girl.'' He smiled at me. My heart skipped a bit. His smile was really cute. Like perfect. 

''Doing your hair, or eyes..'' He looked around after he said that.

''What?'' I laughed confused.

''Nothing you just have lovely eyes.'' He said blushing. 

 '' Aw thank you so much Ed.'' He winked and I felt like I was going to die. I looked down at the clipboard to see the next question.

''Are you single?'' I asked. I wanted to thank John right there and then for asking that question for me.

''Yup.'' He said popping the p.

''Do you have your eye on someone?'' 

''I do now.'' He said and winked at me again. I could feel my face burning up and I knew I was blushing. I made a noise that was supposed to be a 'he he' but sounded like an animal. I went red again and me and Ed burst out laughing.

''Anymore questions?'' He asked finally calming down. I shook my head.

''I may get going then. Would you like to do something later maybe?'' He said. I stayed as calm as I could and I was proud to be honest.

''Sure sounds great.'' I said smilling.

''What time do you get off work?'' 

''About seven.'' I said looking at the clock on the wall.

''Okay I'll meet you outside here at seven then?'' I nodded and picked up what I thought was my cup and drank from it. I nearly spat it out. Cold Coffee yuk.

''I think this is yours.'' I said whincing. I had always hated coffee. Especially cold coffee. ''It's sort of cold.''

''Yeah just the way I like it.'' He said taking a sip.

'' Ew.'' I laughed. He chuckled.

''See you tonight then.'' He called leaving the room. I made sure he was gone then I jumped on the table and started dancing.

''I forgot my jacket.'' I heard behind me. I turned around to see the ginger boy behind me.

''How long have you been standing there?'' 

''Long enough to know that you're crazy and we're going to get along very well.'' He said laughing at me. He finally smiled, shook his head and left the room. 

I then continued dancing.