Wallace

'Well that was unexpected.' Zane Wallace thought as he walked back to his chambers

Wallace was the son of a soldier and not an aristocrat but his skills had earned him great honour and he had climbed up the ranks.
He had been good friends with Nicolai since childhood.
Many other aristocrat s didn't find it in their ego to address him as he was from humble commoner origins which evoked a hatred for nobles except Nicolai and another friend, Jane of theirs.

'Never in a thousand years would I expect a neighbouring country's princess to acknowledge me other than for the ulterior motive of getting close to Nic. I don't really care or feel hurt when that happened but it felt nice...to not be treated invisible by another aristocrat for a change.
Even though many in the kingdom respect me and I am very wealthy. Other than at battle aristocrats just sneer at how I a commoner could be so close to the king while they weren't.
The princess didn't even seem offended by my short answer. She just smiled.
She didn't seem to want to use me get close to Nic either. In fact she was the one who was about to leave first without indulging in conversation with him but was stopped.
And her wit. What wit she had. Even in her anger she was polite and elegant.
Nic had a background check run on the prince and princess that would be visiting Aragon, prine Levi and princess Amelia
, princess Amelia was unusual.
And the rumours were true princess Amelia truly was as beautiful as was said.
A noble who visited describe he by saying 'nature never created something so excuisite'
It seems that she was even trusted by her brother, King Victor to manage an estate which now was flourishing under her management.
I was quite surprised when Nic stopped her.
When she was leaving it looked like he wanted to stop her but just turned around and walked away.
I wonder if he too is thinking about her?
However I shall still be on gaurd around her  if I have learnt anything from my past experiences it is to not trust anyone easily'