Chapter Eight

Alina Carter

I am so freaking tired.

We just got back from a fashion event and it's 11 pm. Because I am obviously getting back into modeling, my mom let other fashion brands know about my comeback and designers have been kind enough to invite me to their events and see their new collections and even send me stuff, which I'm grateful for.

When the event was coming to an end, I received a message from Jocelyn that I needed to make a stop at Viotto HQ for a last minute meeting. I found it absurd and asked why couldn't she just have texted me or come to my house- anything but drive 30 minutes away from my location to Viotto.

Because Harry was carpooling with me, he had to tag along too. Now, not of the days he's gonna be spending them with me he's going to be asking questions for his article, but to also get introduced to the fashion world, and today was one of those days.

"How long are we gonna be here?" Harry asks as he puts his phone in his back pocket.

I look away from him. "I don't know." I answer as I stare out the window. My hand under my chin. "Why? Is there a special someone waiting for you at home?" I mess with him. I turn to look at him to capture his reaction, and I catch him just in time rolling his eyes at my assumption.

"Not that is any of your business, but no." He responds. "I just want to get plenty of sleep before tomorrow. "

"Jocelyn tends to get straight to the point quickly. Hopefully we are not there for too long." I say quietly.

Viotto was located in a busy street, but it was a building that would catch people's attention. It was one of the biggest, if not the biggest in this street. Luxury written all over. The driver didn't find any parking, so he dropped us off right in front. Derek walked beside me as I held the ends of my slim black dress so I wouldn't step on it. Harry was behind us.

Surprisingly there weren't any paparazzi, but I wouldn't be surprised when the words get out there that I'm now back in the public.

We make it inside and head towards the elevator. I press the number 5 that is the 5th floor and where most of the offices are.

"This is very fancy." Harry whispers. "Even the elevators have mirrors all over them."

"What do you expect? It's a luxury brand." I say stating the obvious.

He scoffs. "Shut up."

"Fuck you." I glare.

"Likewise." He mocks a smile at me.

I roll my eyes and the elevator doors open, revealing the marble beige floor and offices left and right. My mother was the one down this floor at the end. The biggest one of course.

I open the door to my mom's office and I see that Harry follows. I turn around and put my hand on his chest. "Who said you can walk in?" I furrow my eyebrows.

He looks around, confused. "You didn't say anything." He shrugs.

'Well I'm saying it now." I push him lightly out of the office and close the door on his face. The door is a glass door, meaning see through and I can see him, vice versa. His response to my comment is one of his glares and simply walks away. I grin in victory and walk over to Jocelyn with Derek.

"Finally you are here." Jocelyn says and finishes organizing some papers.

I take a seat in one of the chairs across the desk. "Well while you were sticking your head in my mom's ass, I was in a very important event." I smile and I hear Derek holding back a laugh.