Chapter 2

The ten supernaturals reached the beach fairly quickly, and as they approached, the atmosphere changed dramatically. The light breeze was picking up, particles of water gracing their faces as they neared the shore.

Once they broke through the tree-line, to say they were shocked was an understatement. The water was parted in an unnatural way, six males all shirtless wearing a thousand yard stare stood along the wall of the parted waters protectively surrounding who had to be the queen of the Atlantides.

She stood with such confidence waiting for their arrival. Back straight, hands folded in front of her body, chin high, the perfect royal. Her image is also what you'd expect to see in a royal, only more magical. Hair so black it took on a purple hue, tanned skin, eyes so blue that 'blue' was the wrong color to even call them, though there isn't a color worthy to enough to even describe them. The long dress she wore was almost alive it seemed, as if she wasn't really wearing it, but the sea covered her up to preserve her modesty. A sequence of blues, purples, oranges and greens all light in color consistently changing. The queen's features were soft but her stare was hard and unwavering. Just like the team, she was prepared for anything.

Her gaze swept across the team quickly, clearly looking for a certain individual until her eyes landed on who she was looking for.

Adelaide.

"Halt in the name of the queen!" One of the guards shouted, preventing any of them to come forward.

Every stopped and waited for what came next. The queen stepped forward, walking to them all one by one, looking them up and down. She stopped in front of Adelaide, gently taking her chin in her hand, nodding in approval.

"You," The queen spoke loud and clear, motioning for Adelaide to step forward.

To say Adelaide was nervous was an understatement. Her grip tightened around Darcel's but even he knew he had no say or grounds in this matter. If the queen wants to talk with Adelaide, then she will. Giving Darcel's hand one last squeeze, Adelaide stepped forward, walking with the queen until they were in the opening of the sea.

The queen studied Adelaide's eyes, as if making sure it was really her and not some imposter. Finally, the queen smiled and reached out a hand to Adelaide to which the aeterian returned the gesture, the two shaking hands.

Upon their hands meeting the wall of water enclosed around the them so that now they were alone encased within a large air pocket large enough to hold only the two of them, the guards on the outside of the wall.

Adelaide gasped, looking around them, confused as to why it was just them. She looked through the water able to see her team on the other side, tense now realizing what the queen has just done. There's nothing they can do but wait.

"Um, your Majesty? What. . ."

"There's a traitor among you Adelaide." The queen told Adelaide softly, "And there's no way in all the seven seas I'm going to let them through."

Adelaide stood confused, not entirely surprised but also not too trusting of this Atlantide either.

"Only trust your team, only your team." Xenna's voice echoed in her mind, reminding her that no matter what anyone says, don't lose faith in your family. Itri can have control over anyone, including the Queen of sea.

"Your majesty, with all do respect, we all have to pass through these waters. I. . . I'm aware there is a traitor," Adelaide lied. She didn't know for sure, it's not entirely impossible, but she has to stick to her gut.

"You know?" The queen's eyes darkened, the water surrounding them jolted violently.

"Yes, but I have a plan." Another lie.