Theyre hanging out again 👀

Ignore the furby 😎it's nothing- anyways enjoy this I guess. I'm going to make it very awkward for you.
——————————-
Gus pov:

I stopped hugging matholomule and saw his red face, he probably got second hand embarrassment from me hugging him so much. "Alright let's start" I say and drag him over to the floor and grab a pen. I stare at his hand for a second and decide on something. "Hey mind holding this?" I pretend to have something in my hand and 'let go of it' but I then spread out my hand and place it on his. My face heats up and I look away trying to hide it. "But that's just your hand" he says and I facepalm. "Yeah. I want you to hold my hand" I say and inhale sharply. "Oh, okay" he says quietly almost squeaking. I did it again, he thinks I'm weird. "Unless you don't want to of course!" I yell quickly. He looks at me weird. "No I want to um.. hold your hand" he says awkwardly. He probably doesn't want to and is pretending to because he doesn't want me to feel bad, but if it gives me the chance to hold his hand then I may as-well go with it. we had done half of the research, still holding hands and not wanting to let go when the door opened, we had gotten used to holding hands that we didn't seperate them when my dad walked in. "Hey guys, I was just going to ask if you wanted a snack" he says and glances down at our hands quickly, then he smiles. We realise and seperate our hands pulling them up to our chest. I cough awkwardly, "uh sUre" I flinch as I get a voice crack. I hear matt giggle "shut up it's not my fault I get voice cracks!" I yell jokingly. My dad left and we decided to get up too.

We walked into the kitchen and looked around, "so what did you want?" I ask him. "I don't know" well that's helpful. I note sarcastically, "well I can't read minds so you have to tell me what you want" I said jokingly. "I really don't mind" he said and I look at him weird, isn't he normally like.. angry? We get a random snack and go back to my room. "We can stop doing the project for now if you want. I know amity and Luz probably left it for willow to do and they're probably being all lovey-dovey." I say and mentally apologise to willow even if she can't hear me or is even near me. She has to handle that while she does the work.  "Yeah, I'm pretty much done for today" he says and I agree. "Oh hey I got something to show you" I decided on making the tiny illusion Gus's (? Grammar lol also yes again) "oh what is it?" He asks and I smile. I draw a circle in the air and suddenly three little versions of me appear.

Mattholomule pov:

Ok. Don't freak out, if you can handle one Gus, you can handle four. Right? Yeah you can do this. I was so caught up in my head that I didn't notice Gus asking me something. "Oh sorry zoned out they're really adorab- oops I mean.. really cool!" I yell and look at him. "Right.. Are you okay you've been acting weird?" Gus asked, is he onto me? Does he know I like him? No he can't I haven't shown anything right? Maybe I did and he hates me. "Oh I'm fine I just zoned out" I say again to confirm to him that I'm fine. Which I'm not. "If you say so. Also just a question.." he hesitates. "Did you say they were adorable?" At this question my face immediately heats up.

"What? noooo... anyways" I stumble on my words. He laughs and I can tell he's going to leave me alone with no friends again. "It's fine to think your friends are adorable, just in a platonic way, just a lot of them don't. Im sure you don't mean it in a romantic way..." phew he doesn't know. "Oh yeah, it's in a platonic way" I tried to lie and he looks sad for a moment. What's that about? "So anyways..." he thought for a moment before speaking again. "What do you wanna do now?" I thought about it for a second and looked outside. "Hmm depends what time it is" I asked and he checked his watch. "It's 5" he answers realises it is getting dark outside. "Oh, I better get home then" I say disappointedly, "yeah it is getting dark" Gus said back, he then walked with me to the front door. I was about to leave "wait- today was really fun, we should hang out together more" I smile and agree with him. "Yeah we should hang out more, I like talking with you" ok that might have sounded more friendly than intended. "Oh yeah! I liKe talking with you too" he gets another voice crack, he never used to but recently he has been getting a lot of them. I guess he's just going through witch puberty and that's why he had that huge growth spurt and is now taller than me.. I don't wanna think about it. And.. is his face red? No it must be my imagination. "Hah, I'll see you tomorrow at school ok?" I say kind of asking if he's going to be there. "Yeah, see you! Have a nice night" he smiles and I quickly look away and start walking, My face burning hot my ears twitching. I'm 90% sure he still hasn't figured out why my ears twitch. But that other 10% doesn't want me to think he doesn't know.

Gus pov:

I walk back inside and close the door, sliding to the floor. I know I'm blushing a-lot but my dad is in the room so I try not to show my face. I wait a few minutes still sitting there. "So, you guys were holding hands? And he said he liked talking to you" my dad points out to me. "Dad stop he wouldn't think of me as anything other than a friend, he's probably lying about the talking thing" I say and look at the ground. "Nonsense! it's clear he likes you" my dad says again. I still don't believe him but I didn't want this to go on forever so I pretended that I thought he did. "Thanks dad" I said. I think back. Mattholomules ears twitched again, I'm pretty sure it's when he feels grossed out by something his ears twitch.. it would make sense, he's probably been grossed out a lot and pretended so that I wouldn't feel bad.

I get up and walk to my room and check my texts with him. I try to click out but accidentally call him, I panic and end the call. I send a text saying 'sorry didn't mean to call you, I meant to call my other  friend' ok that might sound believable.. right? I wait about 7 minutes until he texts back. 'Oh.. that's ok when are we going to hang out again, you know since you suggested it' I read. 'Oh, maybe the day after tommorow? I have a little bit of studying to do' I text back. 'Oh yeah that's cool, we can talk about it at school' He says and I agree with him even if he can't hear me 'yeah, I'm gonna go ok? I actually need to start on that studying' I answer. 'Oh alright, bye <3' I read it again and again. Did he just send me a heart?! My face burns up, I mean may as-well send one back. 'See you at school <3' I panic and realise he might have accidentally sent me one... somehow?

I quickly turn my phone off and mumble that I'll deal with it later. I sigh and think about how I need to go to school tomorrow, the only reason I actually like it at the moment is because I get to talk to mattholomule, and of course my friends. I hear my ringtone (for texts) and try not to look but I glanced over and realised it was Luz. well that's not so bad, I grab it and read over the text, 'hey Gus! We decided that we were going to go to a movie, I don't know what kind of movies you have here but you can bring anyone you want. It's going to be after school the day after tomorrow' I slowly read the text. I could bring mattholomule... only if I ask though and that's going to be awkward. 'Nice! So I can bring anyone?' I answer and nervously pick at my thumb. I see her answer again. 'Yeah, even your boyfriend' excuse me Luz, what. 'Hey mattholomule isn't  my boyfriend' I realise she never said a name. Oops. 'I never said who that was Gus' I try and think of an excuse. 'Well I was just thinking of him at the time so I thought you said his name' wait.. that made it sound even worse. 'Oh you were thinking about him? Didn't he just leave? I'm guessing by the time it is' how did she know, that's scary. 'never mind just answer! can I bring him?' I quickly write and send. 'Yeah, go ahead but tell him Boscha is going, I heard they got into a fight' I celebrate silently and say bye. I note for later to tell him that Boscha is going to be there

————————
Ok sorry this was a short chapter (1613), I didn't have many ideas for after the movie. 🤨 so I guess I just need some ideas. I will probably get some later or something 🤷‍♀️