chapter 1

The most handsome stranger

The streets were packed. From everywhere, dressed-up young adults pushed their way into the streets, chasing the smell of alcohol and the music. The loud conversations and their laughter resounded through the cold night. No one was feeling cold though. The sex drive and adrenaline warmed their bodies.

In front of one store, however, a long line formed. The people there were dressed finer, they whispered among themselves and seemed somehow... strange.

Minho and Jisung were among that crowd. Unlike the rest, the two were shivering all over.

"We can't get in there." Jisung pressed out between his teeth, his arms wrapped around his slender body.

"Yes, we can..." muttered his friend, rocking from one foot to the other. The cold came easily under the dark red fabric of his blouse and crawled around on Minho's bare skin. He shook himself.

"No we won't, look." Jisung gestured in the direction of a woman. She resembled a model from a Dior perfume ad, but she trudged across the cobblestone asphalt, away from the store, her heels in one hand; she was rejected. 

There was no time to stare after her as people moved on ahead of them. There were only a few people left between the two and the entrance to the supposed Paradise, included a well-built 7 feet tall bouncer.

"Minho..." Jisung whined, clawing at his friend's arm, cutting his freshly manicured nails into his upper arm.

"Honestly this was your idea," the latter said, removing his hand from himself. "I won't give in next time, I really won't."
With a snort, he smoothed out his outfit. How on earth had he let himself be talked into this?

Minho ignored the grumble from the blond and let his gaze briefly scan his surroundings. Beside him on one side was the black barrier tape and on the other the meter-high pitch-black wall of the building, not a single window in sight. In large, old-fashioned letters, the sign "Olympus" was flashing brightly into the night.

Olympus... The oh-so-famous club, that had been open in their city for a few months now. Ever since the beginning of its time, all sorts of rumors had been floating around the place, from drug dealing to orgies, everything was being talked about.

And yet Minho was here, just a few minutes away from the entrance to said Club.

"I look good, do I?" 
"As always Ji, as always..."

Although he didn't feel like it, he smiled at his friend and stroked his exposed back once reassuringly.

"Jeez, your hands are cold."
The other backed away from his touch.

"It's not my fault we're here."
Minho withdrew his hand offended and tried to squeeze it into his tiny pants pocket.

"Next!" The two men flinched. They stood eye to eye with the giant, who examined them scrutinizingly.

"IDs!" His deep voice boomed, causing the two to hastily place their cards in the bouncer's hand. "Hm..."

They exchanged panicked glances, meanwhile, they couldn't lose their faces in front of the other; any wrong move could mean rejection.
So Minho stared into the bouncer's eyes, or where he guessed they were since absolutely nothing showed through those sunglasses. He slightly raised an eyebrow.

The silence grew more uncomfortable by the second; he could hear his friend holding his breath. Another cold breeze brushed by, chasing a cold shiver over everyone waiting.

"Ok... get in there."
The Man handed back the cards and stepped aside.
After a moment's hesitation, the two scurried past him, heads bowed.

"I can' believe it."
"Me neither..."
The two exchanged panicked whispers among themselves until they arrived at the door.