The old friend.

~ (Episode 13: Route 666) ~

(Kat p.o.v)

We were stopped at a gas station, and Sam had a map laid out on top of Baby as well looked at it, while Dean was listening to something on the phone.
"Ok. I think I found a way we can bypass that construction just east of here. We might even make Pennsylvania faster than we thought." Sam told.
"Sounds like a good plan." I stated making him nod.
"Yeah. Problem is, we're not going to Pennsylvania." Dean told making us look towards him with a confused look.
"We what?"
"Why aren't we going to Pennsylvania?" I questioned.
"I just got a call from an, uh, old friend. Her father was killed last night, think it might be our kind of thing."
"What?" Sam asked not understanding this whole thing.
"Yeah. Believe me, she never woulda called, never, if she didn't need us." He told as he began to get into Baby. "Come on, are you coming or not?"
Me and Sam looked at one another and I just shrugged at it before climbing in so I was in the middle of the two of them like usual.

The Impala was cruising down the road with fields on one side of us and a lake on the other side. Of course, Sam couldn't let go about this 'friend'.
"By old friend you mean...?" Sam asked hoping to get some kind of info.
"A friend that's not new."
"Oh yeah, thanks. So her name's Cassie huh? You never mentioned her." Sam told.
"Didn't I?" He asked causing Sam to look at Dean expectantly.
"You hiding something Dean?" I asked as I poked his cheek.
"Yeah, we went out."
"You mean you dated somebody? For more than one night."
"Congrats." I added.
"Am I speaking a language you're not getting here? Dad and I were working a job in Ohio, she was finishing up college. We went out for a couple weeks.
Sam: And...?" He told before shrugging slightly.
"Look, it's terrible about her dad, but it kinda sounds like a standard car accident. I'm not seeing how it fits with what we do. Which by the way, how does she know what we do?" Sam asked making Dean look shifty. "You told her. You told her, the secret! Our big family rule number one. We do what we do and we shut up about it. For a year and a half I do nothing but lie to Jessica, and you go out with this chick in Ohio a coupla times and you tell her everything?
"You guys told me everything." I stated.
"That's different." Sam told while Dean stayed silent and stared straight ahead. "Dean!"
"Yeah. Looks like." He simply told.
He continued to stare ahead, and put his foot down so we would speed up. Of course while he did this, Sam pulled his Bitch face as I've been told it's called while shaking his head.
"What about your friend you talked to while Sam went walk abouts?" I asked
"She knows as well."
"What the hell man?!"
"She knows cause we've worked cases together. Dad actually likes her."
"Who is this mystery chick?"
"Her name is Ashley, she used to work as a private investigator due to some weird gift she has on finding what people want hidden. Crazy talented."
"You are unbelievable." Sam told before the car fell back into silence.
'I don't like when they argue.'

Once we reached the town we made our way into the Newspaper office since that's where Deans friend works at. Of course when we entered, there were people arguing.
"Jimmy, you're too close to this. Those guys were friends of yours. Again, Cassie, I'm very sorry for your loss." A middle aged white make told before leaving.
The person who I assume is Jimmy also walked away, leaving who I suspected to be Cassie. She let out a sigh before turning around and looked straight at Dean. She looked slightly anxious that he was here, and Dean gave her a nod before grinning.
"Dean." She spoke as she continued to stare.
"Hey Cassie."
They continued to stare at each other not speaking a word, which caused me and Sam to share a look as we smiled at the scene. It was shortly broken when Dean cleared his throat before speaking.
"This my brother Sam and our good friend Katie, but we call her Kat." He introduced making her smile at us, and we returned while I also gave a small wave.
Her gaze of course, returned back to Dean making me give Sam a look like if they wanted privacy.
"Sorry bout your dad." Dean told.
"Yeah. Me too." She told as they continued to stare at one another.
'This is so weird.'