The Mystery Job

The bills on your desk were beginning to collect dust--you could see the specks floating in the air while trying to make room for your laptop. You knew ignoring those student loan bills wouldn't pay themselves.

You had a four-year plan. Had your whole college career mapped out for you. Everything was in place and ready to go until you couldn't land your dream job. Who said being an adult was fun? You were utterly lied to.

You needed something that would pay well that didn't require a lot, probably non-existent, to be honest. The only thing you could think of right off the bat was selling your body, but that was out of the question.

Or maybe you could donate your eggs. You pondered it for a while before typing it into the search bar.

"How to donate your eggs."

The ads immediately popped up for 'how to be a surrogate, compensation starts at $50,000'. But as you continued researching, you realized the requirements were extreme for your liking. 'Willing to take injections,' and immediately you shook your head. Nope, no needles.

"Well, that was a waste," you say with a sigh, feeling defeated.

Now, onto the real job search. Typing in "graphic design jobs." Sure, you had many freelance jobs coming your way, but you wanted something solid. A job that would pay your bills and rent and give you some spending money for your new expensive photography hobby.

"Hmm...this one looks interesting."

"Are you looking at porn?!" Ji-na, your roommate yells, snickering as she peers over your shoulder.

You jumped back, not realizing she was behind you. "Jeez, Ji-na. No, I'm not." You scoffed, showing her that you were looking for jobs.

"Ah, I see the hunt for the dream job continues," she said as she plopped herself and her belongings on your bed.

The plethora of shopping bags filled your bed. How the hell was she spending all this money and where was it coming from? Maybe she found a sugar daddy.

"I need money ASAP." You focused on your laptop and began bookmarking some jobs that had potential.

Ji-na was rummaging through her bag for something. "Ah, here it is." She walked over and handed you a business card.

"What is this?" you asked with a raised brow. So this was her sugar daddy, you guessed.

"You said you need money. Well, call this number and you'll make some good money," she replies with a smirk.

"Ji-na, I swear to god this better be a legitimate job." You huffed, tossing it on top of your laptop, not taking another glance at it.

There's no way this was a legitimate job. She must be dreaming or way in over her head.

"It is. I promise. A little unconventional, but it's legit." She smiled devilishly, making her way back to the bed.

You picked up the card again. It was matte black on both sides with an embossed white winking bunny. And on the back of the card, it had the initials 'JK' and a phone number. You had to admit, the design was right up your graphic designer alley. It was cute and minimal.

 It was cute and minimal