The Decision

Two days after your first session, Ji-na told you she'd be committing all her time to you since the incident. You were appreciative but it was becoming overwhelming. She was by your side 24/7, hovering over everything you were doing, not letting you have a moment of peace.

You huffed when you saw her trailing behind you. "Ji-na...I can go to the bathroom by myself. A vampire won't attack me there."

"You never know, okay? Gotta cover all your bases," she said, standing behind you, munching away on a bag of honey-butter-flavored chips.

"Stop–" You held your palm out, stopping her in her tracks. "I love you but please, let me pee and shower in peace." You let out a fake cry and stomped your feet.

"Okay, okay–but I'm standing behind the door just in case," Ji-na said, mumbling through her chips.

You groaned. "Fine," then closed the door, sighing in relief because you finally had a moment to yourself. After two days of nagging and shadowing you everywhere--you were done. You hoped she'd go crawling back to Taehyung but even sex with him wouldn't change her mind. Regardless, you were finally by yourself. The steam and warmth from the shower filled the room, and once the beads of water hit your skin, you took a moment to take everything in. Not realizing how traumatized you were with the near-death experience at JK's.

Jimin's ultimatum weighed heavily on your shoulders, going back and forth between the pros and cons. Getting the life sucked out of you...or...getting your memories erased? To be honest, neither one seemed appealing, but you stupidly agreed to it in the first place. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

What if getting your memories erased isn't as bad as you think it would be? It could be freeing, depending on how much they would erase. But what if they erased too much? How specific were they when they erased memories? Your thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door, snapping you out of your daze.

"Hey! You good?" Ji-na yelled from outside of the door.

"Yeah! No vampires here," you yelled back at her. Again, you didn't understand the fuss she was making. You were only five minutes into your shower, and she would most likely hear if you were being attacked by a vampire. And how would a vampire even get it in? It's not like they could appear out of thin air, could they? No...that's stupid, they're vampires, not witches....unless? What else exists in this world that you didn't know about? You had too many questions that needed answers.

Fifteen minutes later, you finally turned off the shower, but you were milking every second of peace that you could get before being bombarded by your roommate. The steam from the shower fogged up the mirror, you held the towel with one hand and wiped the mirror down with the other. As you saw your reflection in the mirror, you yelped when you saw blood dripping down from two bite marks on your neck. Panting and rushing to grab a small towel to stop the bleeding, you placed it on the marks, only to find nothing when you looked at it again. You peered at your neck in the mirror to find no bite marks or blood.

"Hey! Are you okay?" Ji-na yelled from behind the door, knocking, and rattling the knob. "I heard you scream."

"I'm...I'm fine. I accidentally cut myself shaving."

"Jeez...can you be more careful huh?" Ji-na pleaded. "I thought you were dying."

The goosebumps on your skin were visible from a mile away. You couldn't shake the feeling that something or someone was watching. Maybe this whole 'vampire' thing wasn't worth the trouble, especially if you were going to be traumatized over and over again. You set the towel down and looked in the mirror again, just to make sure there were no marks on your neck.