Old Things, New Flings

"Baby girl, baby girl. You sure you new here?" A gentleman said watching 'Lotto' dance in front of him.

Lotto was Naya's stage name. It had grew on her from her old club. The gifted her the name because when she started it was like they hit the lottery.

Naya had lived in New York her whole life, but when her mother passed away. She moved to 'Bama for school. It was too much for her to stay here, and her father was beginning to be too much at the time.

See her father, Nathan, was admitted into a psychiatric ward after his wife passed. He couldn't do it. He had started drinking, and then the drugs took over. He was like a completely different person. All of this a reminder of why she should leave. Except for one person (she thought), Teddy, aka, Dave.

They were secret high school sweethearts. Played it off as Bestfriends but her Bestfriend at the time and his main man knew what the word was. So lowkey that Teddy might've forgot at times. After they graduated a couple months after, Zori, had announced to everyone she and Dave were expecting a child.

Shocked the shit outta Naya, and to say the least... she didn't even care to hear what his explanation was.

Another hit that reminded her to get the fuck on. She needed the change, once she touched down. She found herself, swore off relationships to truly focus on herself. She didn't need anyone else to let her down again.

Her first two years of college was pretty smooth, she struggled with her waitressing job and once junior year hit, her pockets got hit soon after.

Flashback

"Okay, your books total to $1,478.85, after Financial Aid... okay! $726.13 is left."

"$7- I don't have that. Can you try again? The lady at the bursar told me I'd have enough to at least only have to pay $500 out of pocket." She said

"I'm sorry ma'am, but I've already swiped your ID for all of your financial aid. If you'd like I can void and you can come bac-"

"Here's $300" the young woman behind her said handing the cashier the money.

"No I can't take that, ma'am no it's okay, I'll come back." Naya said

"It's fine, I have my books already, I was just coming here to see about some hoodies girl." She said motioning to the cashier to complete the transaction and adding her things to it to pay.

"But we're both college students, how can you pay for mine? You'll need that back, I'm going to pay you back, here give me your number" Naya said opening her phone app

"Girl! You do not have to pay me back, we're both college students but I'm a well paid one." She said entering her number into Naya's phone and walking with her.

"Well girl put me on! I'm struggling out here! I just had to pay my deposit and first two months rent for my apartment." She said

"Here, it's under "Zyrin" but have you ever thought about dancing?" She said to her

"I'm Naya, and like exotic or like dance classes?" She said bug eyed

"Girl on the poleeee, showing a mf they can look but not touch. And of course making that BREAD" she said unlocking her car

"I didn't even know we had a strip club out here. Im not too big on campus, and going out isn't all that exciting anymore." Naya told her

"Well come by, and think of it as a girls party... with a male audience." She said laughing