Chapter 17

📌 Yorkshire, England, UK

I spent the entire ride organizing Brad's emails and accounting for all the expenditures we had so far. Unfortunately, yesterday's overbudget cost a lot that we may not have enough to pay for our next room since Brad didn't have any upcoming clients from his freelance producing job, which meant that we don't have another way to earn money other than busking.

"Something wrong, Cai?" Brad whispered to me since he was supposed to be on vocal rest, then I sighed and shook my head before counting the cash we have left to make sure that it coincides with my records, then the car started beeping on its own.

"What's going on?" I asked Brad, who was shifting his gaze between the road and the speedometer.

"We're almost out of petrol. Luckily, there's a service station nearby. Do we have enough money for a full tank?" Brad asked, then I remembered the meager funds we have left.

"Yeah, I think we have enough," I lied, then Brad nodded his head before we got to the gas station, with Brad stopping the car right in front of the pumps.

"Can you fill her up? I need to take a wee," Brad asked, then I nodded my head before we climbed out of the car. As he went to the toilets, I filled the tank up and paid with my credit card despite knowing that Brad wouldn't appreciate that. However, it was the least I could do considering that we needed the money, and since I was his travel mate after all, I probably should contribute as much as I could.

Unfortunately, Brad still wasn't back when everything was done, and I was starting to worry. Before I could think about where he could be, a car started honking behind me.

"Move it, lassie!" The man yelled as he honked his horn, then I got out of the car and looked at him.

"My friend went to pee. It's his car," I said, but he went on.

"You can move it, though. Get on with it!"

"I'm sorry, but, I can't drive! Not legally, anyway."

"I don't care. Move it!" He yelled as he kept honking his horn, then I frantically looked around for Brad, who was still nowhere to be found, before groaning internally, hoping that Brad could forgive me for touching his precious vehicle without permission and thanking the Gods for letting him leave his keys behind and making me as tall as him, which meant that I didn't have to adjust anything to my fitting.

The man finally stopped honking when I moved the car away, then I tried to look for Brad. When I went to the toilets, I saw that he wasn't there, and I immediately grew nervous. I looked around and I saw Brad walking out of the convenience store, then I drove to him so he won't walk any further.

When I stopped the car right in front of him, he looked more confused than angry. I immediately pulled the handbrake and got out, hoping that Brad wasn't too mad at me, but since I've already done so much to the guy, I doubt it.