Chapter 1:Prologue

The Arctic base which is a joint operated base between the American union and the Russian commonwealth is as busy as usual with scientist working on new tech and are continuing to make more, and the workers who are making the machines with soldiers protecting the base incase any foreign threats appear. So far so good until there was reports of a massive gate appearing out of nowhere in the middle of the arctic. The base can't send any soldiers at the moment because in a few hours there will be a blizzard so the base can only sit and wait until it passes.

Meanwhile at the gate

Medieval army pov

Figures appear out of the gate wearing medieval armor.

One of the figures was talking to another

Knight 1:"It's freezing here... I thought it would be warmer

Knight 2:"I thought so too. the king said that this was a land of conquest and glory, not a land of "he looks into the distance of the endless sea of snow "this".

General:Alright men set up a camp and light some fires it's freezing here.

the medieval army began searching for wood. without and any luck they began breaking parts of their carriages to burn to keep themselves warm.

General:Scouts! Go find any settlements we can conquer.

"Yes general"

After that was finished the General looked at his men. He looked at his men's equipment it was clear as day that his men weren't prepared for this kind of weather infact they haven't ever experienced this kind of weather since the beginning of their kingdom. He had heard stories of the north with cold weather and their soft white powder they call snow that rains down eversooften but experiencing it himself was weird, And he has been having this feeling since he got here, like something big is gonna happen. He quickly brushed this feeling aside, He has a job to do.

It has been 5 hours since they set up their camp. He is still waiting for the scouts to arrive. He walks away from his tent as he has finished his report to the king. He looks into the distance and sees a fog?
He looks harder, squinting while doing so when he finally sees it clearly it was no fog it was a blizzard he had heard stories of it from the north but he always scoffed at it thinking such thing can't possibly be true turns out it was.

General: Men dig in and prepare!

"general why do we need to dig in?"

General:Just do it or do you want me to cut off your head and your families too!

The Knight not wanting to get his head cut off relayed the generals orders across the camp

"Hey, why do you think were digging in for?"

"don't know, but we can't disobey or they" will cut of our heads"

"Guess so"

30 minutes later the blizzard reached the camp. It was chaos the strong wind was throwing the tents set up and the extreme cold was freezing anyone that was outside.