𝐢𝐯.

𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐄 walked down the stairs behind Elena, when the brunette girl suddenly stopped and she almost bumped against her.

"We're here", Stefan's voice penetrated backwards and the female vampire pushed past Elena. She had imagined the tomb differently, but the amount of filth that was down here was far beyond her imagination. "Are you sure you want to see her too?", Damon asked the Gilbert girl, only receiving a nod as a response.

The two brothers stepped forward, putting their hands on the cold stone and pushing it away, revealing the entrance to the tomb. Elena clunged onto Nathalie, making her quietly wince by squeezing her arm. Damon got closer to the opening in the wall. "Alright Kitty-Kat, quit playing hide and seek and get your bitchy ass in here. We have a surprise for you."

Nathalie scoffed. Did he seriously expect an answer? "Maybe she will come out if she gets something first", Stefan said, stepping forward and placing small shot cup filled with blood behind the line that parted the inside from the tomb from the world outside. "And you really think that she will come?", Elena asked unsure and he nodded. "Trust me, she already smelled it."

"It's hard not to smell it. Which chick on her period did you suck that off?", Nathalie complained, covering her nose. "I told you, she still got her humor", Damon commented next to the tomb's entry, making Stefan's head snap in his direction. "Alright, I'm sorry", he apologized, raising his hands. "But if I may remind you, we live in a country free of opinion." "Just shut up now, Damon", his brother cursed and narrowed his eyes at the tomb.

A sudden movement in the pitch black opening made all four of them flinch. Slowly, a hand came out of the shadows, reaching for the cup and pulling it into the darkness. A few seconds later it was thrown out again and landed at Damon's feet. "Well, that was fast", he mumbled, picking up the cup.

The hidden figure crept slowly out of the shadows and carefully straightened itself up with its hands on the stone walls. Her hair was matted and dry as dust. She had dark circles under her eyes and her skin was paler than healthy, for a vampire at least. All in all, she was completely filthy and looked like she hadn't had a shower in decades, which was somehow true. Here she stood before them, flesh and blood, releasing one of her devilish laughs.

"Oh my dear ones, did you miss me?"

ೃ⁀➷ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ ೃ⁀➷ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ ೃ⁀➷ ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ ೃ⁀➷ ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ ೃ⁀➷

"How in gods name did you survive that fire in the church?" "Is that how you say hello to your best friend?", she chided, smirking. "Hey Kat, nice to see you, but go to hell for not telling me you're still alive!", Nathalie sassed, crossing her arms over her chest.  Katherine shrugged. "Well, we'll work on that later."

"Alright, so now, how do I deserve the honor of having the golden quartet visit me?", she questioned, leaning against the wall. Damon stepped next to Nathalie. "Brownie here wanted to see you." "And her three servants had to come along, of course." The male vampire nodded satisfied. "Who knows what kind of nonsense you'll come up with otherwise."

"I have to say that I'm disappoined, Damon. It really hurts my feeling knowing you think about me like that", Katherine complained, putting on a sad face. "And that even though we've known each other for so long. That's tragic." Damon scoffed. "Yeah, long enough to know all your mean tricks and evil maneuvers."

Nathalie rolled her eyes and pushed Damon aside. "Let's make a deal, KitKat", she offered, kneeling down, so she was eye to eye with her. "You'll answer me some questions and if you behave you'll get another cup of blood." Katherine's eyes got a devilish spark. "Doesn't sound that bad, but one more condition." The person opposite tensed. "And what would that be?" "I get to ask you one question."

That was it? But it was Katherine, so whatever kind of conditions she might make, there would always be a catch. So Nathalie had no choice. "Fine", she said and took another shot glass from behind her back. "Question number one: how did you escape from the church?" Katherine rolled her eyes. "Was to be expected. You seriously want to know that, huh?" "Answer her question", Damon hissed, making Katherine smirk.

"Oh don't worry, I will. But not as long as all of you are here. I want to speak alone with my best friend, if that's not asking too much." "Yes it is. Either you tell us all or shut up forever. Your choice",  the raiven haired vampire growled and Nathalie sighed. "Damon please, just leave. I'll be alright." "You're not going to stay here alone with her", he said, shaking his head. Nathalie gave Stefan a pleasing look, making his face expression soften as they made eye contact. "Come on Damon, we'll wait ouside", he said, grabbing his brother's collar. The female vampire muttered a quick thank you, before Stefan dragged him outside, Elena afterwards.

When their footsteps could no longer be heard, Katherine smiled sheepishly. "Finally, we're alone. Do you know how stressful it is to argue with Damon all the time? Worse than a toddler", she complained, cupping her cheeks. "I'll get wrinkles from all the stress." Nathalie sighed. "Let's get down to business. My question." "Oh right, how I escaped from the church? It's a shame you haven't found out yet." Her friend looked at her expectantly. "And?"

"You remember Lucie?", Katherine asked and continued without waiting for an answer. "Well, I asked her to do me a favour, so when all the vampires got trapped in the church, I was able to escape." "And you did that how?" You really had to pull everything out of her nose. "With the moonstone of course." Nathalie scoffed. "As if you'd have access to the moonstone!" "Not me, but Lucie did. She gave it to, so I wouldn't die in there."

Nathalie slided a bit closer to her. "What was the reason you wanted the others to leave? Why shouldn't they hear this?", she questioned, thinking about wheter the three could hear them from up there or not. Katherine moved closer as well. "Let's just say I'm not exactly keen on letting Stefan and Damon know that I have the moonstone." Nathalie's eyes lit up a little. "So, you still have it?" Katherine shrugged with a smile.

"And why do you think that I wouldn't tell them?" "Because I hate to remind you of the countless times I saved your ass, so you owe me several more times. And you will settle one of them now by not telling anyone about it."

"Are you done?", Stefan's voice echoed down, making Nathalie flinch. "Just a sec!", she yelled back, facing Katherine again. "Alright, it's time for my question", she demaned with a smirk. "But first, I want to have my reward." Nathalie handed her the cup of blood, which she drank all at once. "Just go on, ask. Play and win", the brunette replied, sighing. What should happen?

"What did you do wrong that Klaus is after you too?"