A Walk Down Memory Lane

"CHANNYYEOOOLLLLLLLL!!!!!" Was the first thing he heard upon returning home. As soon as he opened his bedroom door, Baekhyun came flying at him at full speed with piles of clothes stacking up behind him. It was then Chanyeol realized the ghost completely ransacked his closet, leaving every last article of clothing sprawled out on the floor.

"What the hell are you doing?" He asked as he threw his backpack down.

"I was thinking about the Halloween dance, and it inspired me to find an outfit for you!" Baekhyun squealed directly into his ear. "Once I tore my closet apart, it became apparent that you don't own many nice clothes. Which means..."

"No, no, no." Chanyeol groaned. He flopped onto his bed and kicked his shoes off, flinging them across the room. "I'm not going to the mall with you again. You've given me too many headaches already."

"Oh, come on!" Baekhyun drifted to his side and ruffled his hair with a cold wisp of air. "You're a teenager; you're supposed to like going to the mall."

"Not with you. Who said I was going to the dance anyway?"

"I did." He tugged at Chanyeol's hoodie in an attempt to get him up, but to no avail. "Come on. You know you want to go with Kyungsoo."

"Here we go again..."

"I can't help myself. I'm a hopeless romantic."

Chanyeol rolled over so they were facing each other. Looking at Baekhyun closely, he didn't find it hard to believe that girls were attracted to his charm. He was cute and friendly and had such a big personality. Yet, the girlfriend narrative felt...off. Like, there was more to the story than Baekhyun was letting on. Chanyeol just couldn't put his finger on what.

"You know what?" He sat up and the light in Baekhyun's eyes intensified. "I'll let you dress me up for the dance. I might even ask Kyungsoo out."

"Really?!"

"On one condition," He held his finger up. "You share a little bit about yourself first. I feel like I hardly know you."

Baekhyun pondered it for a good while. He looked over the mess of clothes invading the room as he stroked his chin. It wasn't a bad deal. Chanyeol kept it vague; he didn't necessarily ask for anything regarding his death. He didn't have to share much if he didn't want to, and he'd finally get to see Chanyeol and Kyungsoo together. It seemed like a win-win situation.

"Alright, it's a deal. I'll share a little bit about my life-"

"And then you can buy me as many tuxedos as you want."

👻👻👻

Baekhyun made a plan. He left Chanyeol alone to do homework while he came up with an idea. There were a lot of things he wanted to share about himself. After all, he was a very open and extroverted person. But, he wanted something meaningful. Something important to him. He wanted to make it worth Chanyeol's time.

By nightfall, he had it all figured out. Chanyeol wrapped up his homework and crashed in bed with no intention of doing anything outside the house. He anticipated a little sit-and-talk. Baekhyun had other things in mind.

"Get up." A shoe went flying at his head. Chanyeol opened his tired eyes to see the ghost waiting for him by the door. "I want to take you somewhere."

"What? This isn't what I agreed to."

"Hey, if you want to know more about me, then you're gonna have to do as I say. I have something very personal to show you."

Personal. Sounded like the perfect opportunity to do some digging. Sighing, Chanyeol got up and slipped into his shoes and a jacket. His parents were in their room, so they didn't notice him leave unexpectedly.