【10】

"Uhh ahhh- auto-Autobot? W-what's an Autobot? "

Sam rubbed the back of his head frantically. Pretending to look stupid in front of Ann, Jades grandmother. The older woman's hook her head and crossed her arms.

"Samuel. You're a terrible liar. I just hope you can lie better to my granddaughter than you can to me right now. "

"I mean she's my best friend I have never kept anything from her- " Sam paused, seeing Ann's face grow deadly serious. He chuckled nervously.

"Buuuttt- I can keep this from her. Yeah definitely. I got this..."

Ann sighed and rubbed her temple.

Sam cleared his throat, glancing outside to see Bunblebee still waiting in his driveway across the street. "So uh.. how'd you know? About them I mean. The autobots. "

Ann smiled lightly. "Son, I have know all about them for many many years. I know each and every one of them better than they know themselves. Especially that broody weapons Specialist. ".

Sam let out a breath and smiled. "He's pretty intimidating. When I met him, he shived his cannons in my face and said- "

"You feelin' lucky punk, was it? " Ann interrupted. Sam nodded with a smile.

"His words exactly. "

Ann scoffed. "Typical. He needs a new catchphrase. "

Sam looked to get, almost expectingly. Ann gave a short nod before diving into her story.

"Ironhide was my guardian before he was Jade's mother and fathers guardian. The autobots have been involved with my family for ages. Listen to me carefully Sam, this has to stay secret as long as possible. Do you understand me? I don't want Jade mixed up in it. Not yet at least. She- she's not ready. Not with the recent death of her parents. She needs time to adjust before another big change to her life. "

She spoke sternly. Sam nodded. "Yeah. I can keep it a secret I think. I'd like it that way anyways. .. being that Mikaela is already involved and I wouldn't want anything to uh happen to her or Jade. "

Ann smiled and sipped her tea for a taste test. She hummed and added one more scoop of sugar before swirling it around in her cup. Sam cleared his throat. "So... you've known them awhile then?"

Sam asked as he sat down at the round wooden kitchen table. Ann nodded with a smile.

"Yes, I have. "  She sat down across from him, a cup of warm tea in hand. She smelled to drink contently before sipping at it. Sam cleared his throat.

"How did you ever get mixed up with them in the first place? "  He asked.

Ann hummed. "Well. Like I said, the autobots and my family have been in the works together for many, many years. My great grandmother was the first. Her name was Elizabeth. She met a lone Autobot by accident. Long before prime and the others arrived here.

"My mother didn't know about them well until she was older. As for me, I met them many many years ago. " Ann got this long look in her eyes.

"Ma! Ma look! The other kids in the neighborhood are going to the new skate park downtown. Can I go? "

Sylvia, the mother of the young girl, Ann, sighed and watched out the window as kids went up and down the street with their roller blades, skate boards, bikes, and scooters. The young girl bounced on her toes in excitement. The woman smiled.

"Alright. Be be home- "

"When the streetlights come on! I know ma, thanks! Love ya! "

The girl ran out the house with her skateboard. Upon arriving to where all the neighborhood kids were playing, the young Ann smiled and shot down the ramp into the park.