Chapter 3

Yesterday the Crown Prince was scolded at.

Making his way to the Palace of Devotion to Mental Cultivation, the Crown Prince walked in to see one of his father's eunuchs guarding in front. "Deshang. Tell Royal Father that the Crown Prince is here."

"Yes Crown Prince." Deshang left to tell the Emperor. Deshang came out. "His Majesty wants you to come in."

The Crown Prince nodded and went inside. He bowed. "Your son greets his Royal Father."

The Emperor was busy painting trumpet vines in a pinkish red shade. The silence in the room showed how his father was truly mad at him. "Get up, Chengjun."

The Crown Prince (also known as Li Chengjun) stood up with an almost dead look across his face. The Empress Dowager and Emperor always worrying for him about his ability to talk to women that even a rumor sparked in the Palace and outside the Palace.

The rumor was the Crown Prince was attracted to men more than women and might as well crown a new Crown Prince. The Emperor tried his very best to quell the rumors down but they still spread.

The Empress suggested a match with her niece, Nan Yuhua, the most gifted woman in the Capital, Haijing. Being able to embroider splendid birds and flowers, a world class musician on the guqin and guzheng, a gifted painter and calligrapher, learned the Rules for Women and memorizes them by heart, and can create a beneficial marriage for the Nan Clan and Li Clan. The Nan Clan is responsible for the battlefield and Nan Yuhua's brother, Nan Jishang could benefit him if he was on his side.

The Emperor wanted to rename the Crown Princess Selection to the 2nd wife selection since the Crown Prince's 1st wife was already chosen.

Now the Emperor was upset because now he doesn't want to pick a nice 2nd wife for him. "Chengjun, you need to pick out a 2nd wife for your harem. Nan Yuhua has already been chosen for your 1st wife. Pick a 2nd wife and a concubine for your harem. Also, stop trying to hold back the wedding. There is nothing that can stop with the wedding."

Chengjun's hand balled into a fist. "Royal Father. Do you know who Nan Yuhua is? All of the nobles in your court would want their daughter in this position because of the power to control me. Nan Yuhua would just use me like a puppet for the Nan Clan."

The Emperor smashed his fist on the table. "Preposterous! The Nan Clan would never betray me. The Empress married me. Why must her maiden clan betray for?"

Chengjun kept his head low as Deshang came back. "Your Majesty, General Nan is here."

"Let him in."

General Nan knelt down. "I greet His Majesty of the Lan Empire."

"Get up. General Nan, why are you here?"

"Your Majesty, the Dorbijit Empire is attacking the Middle Kingdom!"

The Emperor smashed his fist again. "What?!

The Dorbijit Empire was the rival empire to the Lan Empire. The Dorbijits were placed in the Western part of the land where it was either a dry, grassland or a desert place. The Emperor wondered what caused this. He was trying his hardest to create an alliance. His third son, Chengji got married to the princess of the Kelizathan Empire for an alliance. The princess of the Kazathan Empire was the granddaughter of the leader of the Dorbijit Empire, but it seems like this alliance wouldn't work either.