Chapter 6

"Crown Prince..."

Chengjun turned his back to see Huicai. "Where are you going?"

He looked around. "Huicai, do you know where that young boy we were traveling with earlier today?"

Huicai shook his head. "Replying to the Crown Prince, no I haven't. May I ask why?"

Chengjun just shook his head. "It's alright. It's nothing important."

"Your Highness, if I can give out something useful, he will most certainly be in Yingtai."

"Yingtai?"

"Yes. The young boy might probably be new to the military. He would definitely be in Yingtai."

Chengjun just shook his head. "No need then. How would I be able to see him from a crowd of men?"

Huicai just nodded.

________________________________

_________________________________

Roll call was already starting. You tried and changed out of your father's armor without anyone noticing once you found your tent. Wearing a dark blue cloth uniform with your topknot sticking out and a black headband almost Lan Wangji style, you walked back to the roll call. Luckily you were the first one in the tent and back.

You quickly walked to the courtyard. Scurrying your feet, you tripped only to be caught by the brooding man you saw earlier. "Brooding Mister! What are you doing here?"

The brooding man immediately let go of you as you dusted yourself. "I'm here because I was looking for you."

"Looking for me?"

He gave you a jade pendant. The carving was rather interesting. Many circular motions and writing. "The Graceful Se*(优雅瑟)? Brooding Mister, why are you giving me something of expensive value?"

He did look straight at your face. "Also, The Graceful Se? Isn't that something you would give to a girl? I-I am a boy..." you almost stuttered out the boy part.

"I'm surprised you can read that. Most people in your station don't know how to read that. Especially se (瑟)."

"Ah. My father taught me how to read. He learned it from a friend."

He leaned closer as you could feel yourself blush. Closing your eyes, you felt a soft blow on your hair. You opened your eyes quickly and felt his hand extreamly near you chest. You and pushed him away, only for you to trip on a stone with him catching you in a dip position. You pushed him away again. "Thank you my lord, but I must be going!"

You bowed as you quickly ran to get to roll call on time.

__________________________________

Chengjun only blew on that young boy's hair because he saw a leaf on your head, but his hand touched your side, almost near your chest. His hand turned red as his heart pumped faster. He placed his hand on his lip as he smirked. "What a cute young boy..."