2.00

If you were to ask me what I was feeling right now, I couldn't tell you

If you were to ask me what I was feeling right now, I couldn't tell you. The weather made me catch a cold.

My eyes are constantly heavy, I get headaches, and my throat is dry. When my mom found me in this position, she forced me to stay home. The last time I looked this awful was when I was in middle school and suffering from the flu. I missed a week of school as a result of it.

Suddenly, my bedroom door gently opened, and Lia appeared, not empty-handed.

I got up quickly, causing me to feel dizzy and fall back.

Lia eyed me from a distance, "Hey uh... are you feeling alright?" she said, coming closer to me.

"Huh?! Oh yeah, why?" I closed my eyes and dozed back off. I felt a sudden touch on my forehead. I blinked my eyes open to see Lia kneeling before me.

"I said I'm fine," I swatted Lia's hand away, and she gave me a displeased look, which made me feel guilty. "I'm surprised you're touching me after last night," I joked, attempting to shift the mood in the room.

"You're burning up, Binnie," she sighed softly and looked at me with concern.

"Go away, I, look like shit right now." 

Lia merely rolled her eyes, "Here, my mom made this for you. She says it will help your upset stomach." She sat down on the bed next to me.

I attempted to sit up, but my entire body shouted no. As she helped me up, she stared at me with even more concern in her eyes.

I took a glance at the container she was holding. She opened it, but I quickly shielded myself away as a wave of nausea from the scent hit me. The mere thought of food made me feel much worse.

"I'm not hungry," I said, my voice raspy and barely audible. "Please let me sleep," I rolled back into my bed and cuddled up under the blankets, masking my face of misery.

"Binnie, you need to eat. I know you're tired, but you need to eat," Lia said as she sat on the side of the bed and placed the bowl of soup on the nightstand. "How are you going to get better?"