Chapter 4 - Miss you

A/N: So I recently decided that there could be a theme song for each chapter, since why not, I like recommending Taylor Swift songs. The music will be linked at the top, above the chapter title. Another reason for this is that, when readers or writers listen to music while reading or writing, the music puts them into a certain mood. 

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter! *Mumbles* Totally a coincidence that I was listening to Wildest Dreams while writing the plot for the next few books...

Fatespeaker sucked in her breath as a pale, cornsilk colored scroll clattered to the floor with a bang

Starflight only sighed, exasperated. "I know you're there, come out already." At first, Fatespeaker thought that he had caught her, but her thoughts trailed off away from her alertness.

Why am I doing this? Stealing from my crush, I shouldn't be doing this. But another part of her whispered,  I have to find out what he's keeping from me. Her brain was in shambles, trying to find the right decision to make.

Fatespeaker's ears pricked up when Starflight called her name. She gave a sigh. "Fine, I'm here." As she walked closer to his oak brown desk, her sharp emerald eyes moved along the desk, seeking for the white flash of scroll paper she'd seen earlier. "I know what you're looking for, and you can't have it." Fatespeaker gritted her teeth and growled.

"And how would you know? This is MY MOONING BUSINESS, stop STALKING me and barging your ugly snout into MY MOONING LIFE!"

"I'm not STALKING you, YOU'RE the one who's sneaking into my library, thinking you're so STEALTHY and PRETTY and you're BETTER than everyone else!"

Fatespeaker roared back at him, her "A LOVER IS SUPPOSED TO BE BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE! THAT'S HOW LOVE WORKS!"  

"NO, THAT'S NOT TRUE! A LOVER HAS TO BE LOVED BY SOMEONE ELSE, THAT'S WHAT! AND NOBODY LOVES YOU, ESPECIALLY NOT ME! WE'LL NEVER WORK OUT, NO MATTER WHAT!" Starflight spat back at her, arching his back to cast a long shadow across his scroll-covered desk.

The fight raged on for what seemed like hours, as the NightWings threw insults at each other, arguing and roaring at each other. Fatespeaker wondered how long she could take this quarrel before she straight up lost it.

As Starflight spat a last insult at her, Fatespeaker's heart sank for a moment, but the angry fury of the fight took over her control. "THEN FINE, YOU DON'T WANT ME, I DON'T WANT YOU. I'LL FIND SOMEONE ELSE, YOU CAN LOVE PERIL FOR ALL I CARE! 

Starflight shrank back from the fiery rage flaming in Fatespeaker's harsh tone, backing away from the wildfire leaping toward him as he predicted the anger that was about to erupt from the female NightWing. "But-

"I DON'T CARE! I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOUR HORRIBLE FACE EVER AGAIN!"

------------

Starflight was frozen with shock. He wasn't sure what he was feeling, his emotions were an exploding volcano of overwhelming reactions. He was relieved, confused, satisfied, sad, and smug at the same time, and had no idea what was the right thing to do.

He shook himself, trying to squash his disappointment, which was building up every moment Fatespeaker was gone. I shouldn't miss her. I don't. I don't even like her, she'll never replace Sunny. I shouldn't even care. There are dragons going missing every day, and I need to save them. 

But really, he felt deep down that he couldn't be useful. Even though he was a dragonet of destiny, he still felt useless. Starflight was just the clumsy blind dragon who ever so often gave some wise speech of some sort, but nothing really useful. 

Why did Sunny have to do this? Me and Fatespeaker never seem to work out. 

--------------

The storm gathering in the dark clouds above gave the shadows below a dark, obsidian-scarlet coloring, as the sun slowly crept behind the mountains ahead, which were dark, oak-brown silhouettes against the tangerine-amber sky. Lightning flashed, illuminating the anthophyllite, towering clouds, slowly working to blot out the sunset. She flapped her wings harder, hoping to reach a shelter before the rain started to pelt her wings. 

I don't know what I'm doing. Fatespeaker often found herself in this situation, where she dove before thinking and had to wing it afterwards, making it up as she went. As her eyes searched the mountains before her, which reflected the sunset with a scarlet light, she spotted a small cave. That could provide her shelter enough, giving her time enough to plan what to do next.

Maybe Starflight still wants me. Maybe if I come back later, he'll forgive me. Fatespeaker shook herself, trying to clear Starflight from her mind. I don't want him anymore. He doesn't really like me, anyway.

As her light talons landed onto cold, hard rock, she wondered if there was someone else out there that could be her lover, instead. Fatespeaker climbed into the small cave, and settled to rest, her tail lying on her snout as she watched the bright, warm, amber sunset fade into a soothing, navy blue-black night sky dotted with diamond-like stars.

Maybe things are crazy back home. But I don't have to think about home right now. I can just enjoy this night, and forget my worries. Maybe I'll fix my life someday, but right now, I just want to appreciate the world around me.

-------------------------------

A/N: Uhhhh so at one point when I was writing this, I reached 777 words at 4:44 PM...

Anyway, I hope you like my music idea. I've seen some other authors use that feature, so I thought I'd try it out. 

Thank you for reading this chapter of my book! If you liked it, please vote and comment. If you have any advice, please comment your suggestion. Please no rude comments, thanks!