Six.

I slowly drove through the Kingston slums, looking out of the window. I observed as a few of the neighborhood teenagers gasped at the sight of me. I understood why they feared me, and it wasn't because of my notorious roots. I was a ruthless shotta who was never dared by anyone. I had heart for those who had heart for me—period.

I directed my eyes forward as I drove down the streets. Periodically, I looked from out of the window. A few guys dressed in black and blue gave me a death glare as I reached the child-infested street of Blount Street. I glared back at them with a condescending smirk on my face. These batty boys couldn't shake my hand with a broke hand. Although I wasn't intimidated by these imitation shottas, I couldn't deny how suspicious they looked.

With no more to see, I parked on a curb to light up a spliff. Once the sweet smell of smoke tickled my nose, I put the spliff to my lips and pulled off. Since the day was still young, I decided to go to Greater Portmore Shopping Center. On the way there, I got a call from Inni. Being that I knew the rules against drinking and driving, I put the call on speaker and put my phone on the dashboard.

"Wah gwan, Inni?" I said.

"Weh yuh at?" Inni inquired. "I need yuh to do mi a favor."

I made a right turn onto Naggo Head Drive. "Wah yuh need?"

"I need yuh to get mi a Jamaican headband from Portmore. Please?" She pleaded. I could already imagine her doing her pouty puppy-dog face.

I sighed. "Yuh in luck. Mi 'bout to be there. Yuh owe mi money, yuh hear?"

"Don't worry. I'll put di money in yuh pipe dream house fund." Inni satirically quipped, bellowing a chuckle. I fake laughed.

"Funny. Yuh headband will be a pipe dream too."

She stopped laughing. She sure as hell didn't like the sound of that. "Don't be like dat, Jules!"

"I'm joking, gyal!" I laughed. "I got yuh, aright?"

"Yuh better. Bye." The line cut off and I laughed. Although Inni and I had that tight bond, it didn't hurt to pick with her sometimes. It's all love, anyhow.

A few minutes later, I found myself parked in front of Greater Portmore Shopping Center. Business was booming with an assemblage of teenage cliques who had a few dollars in their pockets. I remembered those days like the palm of my hand; I was a bad ass kid back then.

I parked my car in a vacant parking space before exiting and locking it. I walked to Fashionista, one of Inni's favorite fashion stores. I cringed. I hated shopping unless it was for me. Inni knew that, but I guess she found it amusing to make me go and buy her a damn headband. My sister, I swear.

Casually, I walked inside and browsed each section. There were a lot of swimsuits and summer clothes in preparation for July's arrival. The best part about this summer will definitely be the girls dressed in skimpy 2-piece bikinis; I was so ready for that. As I continued strolling around the store, a few girls stared me up and down; some with confused looks on their face and some with lustful stares. What could I say? Ladies love me.

I ignored both parties of girls and advanced to the shoe section. Where the hell are these accessories? I felt someone tap me on the shoulder, causing me to turn around. I was met with the pretty brown eyes of one of the employees. She was no taller than 5'4" with a short, black hair cut, naturally volumized eyelashes, dimples in her cheeks, and a curvy body that could drive me overboard.

"Do you need help, sir?" The girl asked, showing me her pearly white teeth. Her slight accent was adorable. I figured it was natural since Portmore is the English-speaking Caribbean.