CHAPTER 23

I wake up the next morning and get dressed. As im making breakfast i hear my doorbell. Wait what? No one comes here except Laia.

I walk to the door slowly. Damn i wish there were a peep hole. I chain the door and open it just a little to see who it is.

"Niccolo?" I ask. I open the door fully and he enters, placing a firm kiss on my head.

"Buon Giorno, piccola" he husks. He comes inside and i close my door.

"What are you doing?" i ask him, confused.

He turns around towards me and looks me up and down. Then his gaze is on my lips. He strides towards me and kisses me. Oh.

~

"Did you have breakfast?" i ask him after we're done...canoodling.

"No, mama was pissed" he says. "I was hoping to get some vegetables in eggs." he mumbles. I giggle and kiss his cheek. Should i tell him about lunch? Maybe ill surprise him.

I get up and start on breakfast. We eat with friends playing and him grumbling how stupid it is. Once we're done, he drives me to the bakery and leaves saying he'll be picking me up after.

While im baking, i decide to make him a batch of chocolate chip cookies. I also make extra of everything since im taking an early off tomorrow.

~

Its almost time to go home, im just putting some things on display. Once im done, i grab the empty trays and turn but i feel a strong push against me, causing me to fall back and drop the trays.

I look up at Tanya who has a smile on her face that makes me sick.

"Oh, sorry, didn't see you there" she says then turns and starts using her phone.

I dont wanna be mean but damn she's a bitch. I cant take her shit with my nightmares and flashbacks getting worse.

I huff and get up to clean the mess.

Once im done, I go out and start packing Nicks box of cookies. I hear the bell but dont pay much mind to it, but when i hear Tanya gasp I look.

I look up to see Nick and seeing him brings a small smile on my face. I go around to greet him. But when i get closer i become nervous and look down.

I hear him chuckle and I look up at him and frown. He lifts my chin and pecks my lips.

"You okay baby?" he asks, looking into my eyes. I nod. My bum hurts a little though and my elbows. "Aria" he says. "What's wrong?"

"N-nothing, come with me" i say and take his hand to go in the back to get my stuff, i dont wanna leave him here, with her.

"You cant take just anyone back there, he can wait here" i hear her annoying voice say. I turn around, Nick now behind me, my hand still holding his.

"Tanya" i say lowly. "Im tired right now, and the game you just played didn't help so please, do not test me, i dont wanna get my hands dirty" i say angrily then turn again to leave.

Once we're in, i grab my bag and unclip my hair.

"That was hot" i hear him husk. I roll my eyes. "It was. So fucking sexy" he kisses my earlobe. "now tell me what she did" he says, a little more serious.

"She pushed me and i fell and hurt my elbows and my bum hurts" i say to him like a tattle tail kid.

"what?" he spits. Uh oh, he angy.

"Its no big deal please dont make it a thing, lets just go" i say putting a hand on his chest. "You're too damn tall" i huff. He snickers.

"No youre just small" he says and i gasp.

"I am NOT small!" i say putting emphasis on not. He laughs and i roll my eyes, dragging him and grabbing the box before heading out.

Once we're in the car, he drives me to his apartment. I asked him why and he just said,

"Because youre mine"

Dramatic much?

We are now sitting in his living room, watching netflix.

"Oh, i made you your favourite cookies" i say handing him the box. His eyes snap to it and i see an almost childish gleam in them. aw.

"Thankyou, dolcezza melodia" he says.
(sweet melody)

"Why do you call me that?" i ask. "Melody?"

"Aria, is italian for melody" he says. Oh?

"Ohh, i didn't know that" i think about it. "Aww thats so sweettt" i say grabbing his cheek making him shake his head.

The rest of the day, we eat cookies and talk. It was amazing.

Edited