017. full circle

–YOU AND ME AT CHRISTMAS.

christmas morning felt like a trip back in time for stevie weissman

christmas morning felt like a trip back in time for stevie weissman. the whole house smelt like cookies and peppermint, and a fresh layer of snow had fallen outside. jem and stevie did what they always did and ran outside to play in the snow, still clad in their pyjamas, like they always did, until pen called them in for breakfast and to open presents.

steph's favourite present by far were the sock's melody and vince bought her, two pairs of over the top colourful socks with her name on them. one pair branded stevie, the other branded steph.

jem, stevie and jesse then proceeded to have a snowball fight in the backyard, before getting yelled at to come inside or else they'd catch a cold. it was absolute bliss. although her family was changing rapidly, she loved it.

but the calm quickly turned into a rush of chaos as the family began to get things ready for the christmas party scheduled mere hours from now.

stevie got dressed into a long sleeved red velvet dress with ruching down the centre, paired with black boots, dainty gold jewellery and her 'stevie' socks poking out past the boots.

the simons arrived, all dressed up and ready to help with the festivities, and stevie immediately beamed at the sight of the simons boy.

"you clean up good" she nudged him as they walked into the kitchen to set down some bags and plates.

"i could same for you—you look lovely" he tried to cover the fact he was completely stunned by the girl. "nice socks"

"thanks! they're from pop and mel" she lifted her leg slightly to show them off.

"hey listen, when we get a bit of time later i was thinking we—"

"hey! steph, tom, we need you to go set up the plates" andrew cut the blonde off, gesturing to the dinning room and then at his watch. stevie gave him an apologetic look as they both followed her step-dad.

"stephanie darling you're so grown up now" an older lady steph didn't recognise gushed, as she just went along with it.

"yeah, it's definitely the californian weather, it's given me an edge" she joked, pouring the woman another glass of wine.

"my grandsons around your age" she began. "you two would just make an adorable pairing"

"oh—" she chuckled nervously. "thank you, that's very sweet, i'm not really looking for a relationship right now" she lied, before looking around anxiously for anyone else to throw under the bus.

"oh don't be silly! a young girl like you is never not looking for a relationship!" the spoke in jest, but stevie didn't find it very endearing.

"i—y'know i'm very focused on volleyball and school—and—"