21. Reality • حقیقت

Ya'll for real gotta start asking about updates when I miss them :( Sorry I forgot yesterday's update. But here it is. Enjoy ❤❤

What cannot said will be wept - Sappho

Winding lanes dwindled, estuaries and streams washed down the rocky mountain sides. Shrubs and Fir trees grew plenty. Sprouting out from the uneven grounds, loose rocks falling onto the road sides occasionally as the mountain goats slid and stumbled across. Mouths lowered in devotion of God's bounty. The summer sun hid behind the towering mountain peaks. It's brightness dimmed at such extreme height, yet the rays were sharp as ever and warmed the freshly carpeted roads. Wild flowers reached out from under the bricked sides, their bright yellows contrasting with the cold, wet browns.

Laila stared out of the cars window in absolute awe. Her eyes widened, taking in the sight of the water gushing down the crevices. The small streams filled the sides and tourists filled their bottles with the fresh water. Her jaw dropped on seeing the homes built with metal rooftops. The architecture was opposite that of Lahore's grandeur. Polished SUV's whizzed by them, men with guards and German shepherds strolled in the outskirts. Laila fiddled with the sleeves of her maroon velvet shirt. The gold tussles hanging from her cuffs, a sheer organza veil rested in her neck, her hair curled loosely at the ends. She eyed the ring in her finger-courtesy of Azmaray. He had produced the ring last night, surprising her with whilst they dined in one of the finest restaurants in Islamabad. It was a thin platinum band encrusted with diamonds. In the centre, a teardrop shaped cushioned diamond. It screamed of opulence-and yet was delicate at the same time. Laila had been stunned with his choice and within a short twelve hours she had vowed to never remove the ring from her finger.

Azmaray turned his head towards her, his body finally slacking with the car door as the entered Mushkpur. His eyes traced Laila's shadowed face. The way her hair softly fell against her cheekbones. The nose ring glimmering under the sunlight, her lips pouted. His heated gaze, had Laila blushing-despite having been in the company of men plenty of times, there was something different about the man being your husband. He chuckled lowly at her reaction to his stares, his hand slowly reaching out to grasp hers. Hesitantly acting as they were still stuck in setting the boundaries of their marriage. Whilst he has married her due to his feelings, she clearly had not. And he would be dammed if he ever crossed lines she was not yet comfortable with.

Laila stilled visibly on feeling his touch, before gently relaxing herself. She passed him a soft awkward smile. Turning her attention towards him, trying to ignore the daunting mansion coming into sight.

"Is this really the place you grew up in?" She questioned.

The exterior of the marble home seemed cold. And the man next to her, the total opposite.

"I did," he half smiled.

"Phir ap kharoos kyun nahi hain?" [Then why aren't you rude?] Laila tilted her head, widening her eyes.

"I have my days. You'll see". He tsked.

"What's your favourite part of this large place?" She rested her hand on the console, resting her face on her open palm.

"As cliche as it's going to sound, my bedroom," Azmaray replied.

Laila nodded, the car filling up with silence. The doors had opened and the car slid into the private property without much trouble. She gasped on seeing the fine statues. They seemed so effortlessly real to her. The focal piece of a fountain that was installed in the roundabout of the driveway stole her attention. Her put together cover slipped from her fingers.