34. Lahore • لاہور

And so I became a poet just to admire you. — Mohammad Usama

Warm sunlight spilled from the slightly pulled back blinds. It traced a pathway from the messily spread suitcases, discarded clothes to the large bed in the middle of the room. The warmth fell onto bare backs and was like a warm hug, the room chilly as the A.C worked on full blast. Her head rested on the hard muscles of his pectoral. One of his arms wrapped around her waist and the other around her head. Keeping her warm body in place. Their hearts beating unanimously. Soft breaths escaped their mouths, sighs of relief to finally be together.

The groom had arrived in Lahore the day before, a few hours prior to their wedding ceremony. The bride had been waiting for this day for a long time. She had gotten the wedding of her dreams, her sister, mother and father walking her towards the stage. Into the arms of her first love. God worked in mysterious ways, and she was in awe. They had ended up in a seven star hotel room, the room had been rented in the venue where the wedding occurred and tonight their reception would take place in one of the ballrooms.

The pure white walls in the bedroom was decorated with touches of sage green. A large vanity with a round mirror on one side. A curving sofa on the other wall, right below the window. At the edge of the bed was a small love seat and an attached ensuite. Ayna had groaned in delight on feeling the pressured water on her back. The hot spray comforted her as she mentally prepared herself to give herself up. Zaeem had been patient and had given her space, but she was ready. Time away from him had made her realise she was ready to be his in the most intimate forms.

Zaeem was the first one to wake up. A sweet feeling inside his bones still from the last night. He stirred around slowly, careful not to wake Ayna up. He kissed the top of her head, repeatedly. His fingers brushing through her slightly damp hair. They had fallen asleep a few hours ago, after having showered and praying the Prayer of dawn, Fajar. He slid out from under her, changing into a comfortable grey trouser and sweatshirt. Wrapping his watch around his wrist. Ayna's family had invited them over for breakfast, and if they wanted to be on time, they needed to leave in forty minutes.

Zaeem took a seat behind Ayna, a small frown on her lips. Her hands searched for his body. He smiled to himself, the maroon henna stains on her hand made her look like the most perfect of brides. The maroon nail paint and sterling silver wedding band added ten times more to her look. His gaze travelled from her slender arms to the curvy build that was hid under the blankets. He rubbed his hand over her back, sliding it under the sheets with a wolfish grin on his face. Ayna groaned and turned over, feeling the cold palm against her bare back. She snuggled into his thigh, opening her eyes one at a time.

"Subah bakher," [Good morning,] Zaeem dropped a kiss on her head.

"Hi". She replied.

He forwarded a glass of water towards her. Ayna sat up slowly, her back resting on the headboard as she gulped it down. Her throat finally felt relaxed the sandpaper feeling inside the oesophagus finally diminishing. Zaeem pecked her lips softly, wrapping the bedsheet around her and helping her into the bathroom. She brushed her teeth, spraying some water onto Zaeem who was quick to return the favour. His fingers finding her sides and tickling her to fits. Her face turned red from the force of laughter her chest heaving at a fast pace, eyes twinkling with mirth.

Ayna got dressed into a soft silk suit. The trousers, an egg white with a slight slit at the ends, ending above her ankles. Her shirt was a royal blue colour, snug around her chest and the silver embroidered flowers brought the look to life. The fitted sleeves ended a few inches below her elbow, showing off the intricate henna patterns. Dabbing a moisturiser and peachy shade of a matte lipstick Ayna held her organza veil, placing it in her neck. Zaeem handed over the silver bedazzled clutch and the two left their bedroom. Her silver heels making soft sounds on the carpeted floors of the corridor.