Chapter 6 - Vesper Malfoy.

My brother frowned in what appeared to be dismissal, as he boarded the train swiftly. I followed quickly after, leading Harry to where I had been informed the good carriages were. We finally found an empty one and sat down, placing our suit-cases in the overhead bins.

We both sat opposite each-other, in an awkward silence. Small talk made up the most of the minutes, until one of the Weasley's entered our carriage.

He looked over at Harry, seemingly ignoring me, or forgetting my presence, regarding how my brother had treated them, I'd assume he was ignoring me.

He sat beside Harry and then seemed to realise who was sitting across from him, he quickly began to stand, his eyebrows furrowing in frustration.

" I promise, I'm not like that blonde moron. " I told him, he sat back down, but kept a suspecting eye on me.

Did I blame him? no.

" I'm Harry, Harry Potter. " I heard Harry inform the red-head, who would not quit looking at me. The boy's gaze finally left my face as he turned to stare at the boy, eyebrows now raised in shock.

They shared a small conversation about his scar, before they were interrupted by the trolley lady. Harry seemed to notice Ron's mood deflate immediately, as he eyed the cart. Harry very so generously, with a large wad of cash, brought one of every item.

They began eating immediately.

" I'm Vesper by the way. " I told Ron, he stopped eating, lowering his chocolate delicacy.

" I know. " Was all he said, although his voice didn't have as much of a rude tone as before. Harry reached for the bertie bott's, I smiled as Ron, smiled too. He quickly gulped one down, then shied away from the box in disgust. I burst out laughing.

" Thanks for the warning. " He told us, with a small frown.

" You're so welcome. " We both answered, in the same sarcastic-like tone. I turned my eyes to Ron, raising my eyebrows before the girl from before barged into our carriage.

" Have you seen a toad? " She asked, sitting down beside me. We all shook our head's in sync and her shoulder's fell.

Her and Harry began discussing the matter of him, as many people seemed to do. I looked outside our door, that Hermione had left open. A short-ish boy was positioned outside, looking at Hermione.

Hermione noticed my observant gaze and shook her head, abandoning the conversation with Harry to stand beside the boy.

" How rude of me! " She sighed, loudly. She then gestured towards the boy, before continuing
" This is Neville. Neville Longbottom. " I nodded in his direction and he did a small curtsey, I bit my tongue to stop myself from laughing.

" What a polite gentleman. " Ron said and Hermione shook her head, grabbing Neville's hand and walking away. He looked at me again with a small wave, I waved back.

The rest of the train ride, was spent eating the sweet's Harry had bought and discussing Scabber's the rat, soon enough the train slid to a stop.

" Are we here? " Harry asked, reaching for his suit-case. I nodded and Ron followed after Harry, I quickly walked out after them. I hated the feeling of being cramped between so many people but I was near my two new friends, so I would be okay.

We were quickly ushered outside to meet a large man called Hagrid, I could hear my brother making some snide comments towards him to his friends. I frowned, Hagrid seemed like a lovely man.

We were then set onto boats, and were paddling along the small lake-like place that nearly surrounded Hogwarts. We quickly made it and I shoved my bag out the front of the hall, as did many others.

" Bloody hell, am I nervous. " Ron said to me, I nodded in agreement. I was mentally trying to convince myself I would receive Slytherin.

I looked on in Horror as Draco began speaking to Harry, he made some rude comments about Ron, yet I found myself not saying anything. Draco hurried off to his friends, a look of anger plastered on his face.

I caught up to Harry and Ron as they entered the great hall.

Well, I now knew why it was called the great hall and not the boring hall. The roof looked as if it were it's own sky, floating candles surrounded the roofing.

" Thanks for the help Malfoy. " Ron said, loud and clear.

" I'm sorry. You got it under control though, starting arguments with my brother is a waste of time. " I said, gripping my elbows with my palms. Ron nodded, yet didn't seem satisfied with my answer.

We were crowded round the front of the stage and Dumbledore began his grand speech about the houses, soon we were all being called out to be sat under the hat.

Hermione was called out and it took a short moment but she was declared as Gryffindor, I would've seen her as a Ravenclaw personally, but I'm no sorting hat.

My brother was called out and the hat hadn't even touched his head as he was declared part of the Slytherin house, he was followed by Selina Black, No surprise she was a Slytherin. Ron was called, and joined his brothers in Gryffindor.

" Vesper Malfoy. " My name was called and I resumed my place on stage with confidence, I sat down and the hat was placed on my head.

It began making thinking noises.

" I see many Slytherin traits here.. no surprise there malfoy.. " It told me, I sighed in relief.

I would join the rest of my family in Slytherin.

" However, Gryffindor! " It called, my eyes darted over to my brother, a smirk plastered onto his face. I gripped the end of my skirt with my hand's standing, a small cheer consumed the table as I walked over, sitting opposite Ron.

" Well that was shocking. " A voice that sounded remarkably like Ron's said, I spun my head around to see one of the twin's.

" George and this is Fred. " He informed me, I smiled nodding my head. My eyes flitted over to Ron's who looked slightly annoyed at the fact his brothers would dare converse with me.

" Weasley. If you couldn't tell by the hair. " They told me, bringing my gaze back to them. I chuckled for a short moment, gesturing my hand out. They shook it in turns but I could tell my Malfoy name did slightly concern them.

I looked over at my brother as they began talking to Ron, Draco's smirk was still there and he raised his eyebrows at me, before mouthing.

" Weak. " I raised my own eyebrows, folding my palm's onto the table. I mouthed back after a short moment,

" We will see. "