Chapter 10 - Vesper Malfoy.

The rest of the dinner that followed wasn't exceptionally exciting, I talked with a few of the members around the table, who I would presumably be spending a lot of time with. 

 I learnt that Hermione knew a little too many charms for your regular muggle-born.

Neville excelled in herbology, you could practically quiz him on anything.

Harry had no idea why he was famous nor who his parents were, he seemed to me as more of a muggle-born than Hermione did.

Ron liked food. 

Soon enough, the dinner had been brought to an end as I scraped the remainder of the food off of my own plate. I placed the fork and knife neatly on the plate and watched in horror as Ron just threw them on his own plate.

" Do you have no manners? " I asked, he looked up with a shocked expression on his face. He looked around the table as if searching for who I could possibly be talking to, he then looked down at his plate and meekly picked up the fork and knife organizing them together.

" That's better. " I said, raising off of the stool. 

" Bloody hell, she's worse than my mother. " I heard Ron mumble to Harry, I bit back a laugh and Hermione shared a humorous smile with me. 

We walked together with Neville by her side to the common room's, a boy with blazing red hair, introduced himself as Percy he was Gryffindor's prefect. 

" Is that your brother? " Hermione asked Ron quite loudly, he looked at Percy then at Hermione.

" Nah, we just happen to look alike Hermione. " He told her, a frown forming on his face. She smiled sympathetically, turning back to listen to him. He introduced where our room's would be and in only moments, I found myself in one the bed's lining the walls of the girl's Gryffindor common room. 

Sun Blazed down on my eye's and I stood up, stretching. Hermione was up as well, scouring our cupboards. She revealed some Gryffindor robes to me and I shrieked silently in excitement, wishing not to disturb the others. 

So what Lucius wouldn't be happy, these robes were epic. Maybe I suited red more than I did green, anyways.

I quickly got changed into them and pounced down the common room stairs, Ron was staring at Scabber's who was placed on the table. He seemed to be whispering something to him, although I was not close enough to hear. 

" Resorted to talking to animals Weasley? " I asked him, he spun around, scooping up Scabbers into his pocket as he did so. He raised his eyebrows at me.

" That is not what I was doing. " He informed me, rather aggressively. I nodded and mumbled a few half-hearted agreements. I heard walking and spun around to see Harry and Hermione walking down the stairs together, they seemed to be engrossed in a very serious conversation. 

I opened my mouth to ask what was going on, but Ron's voice cut me off, before I had the chance to even try.

" Must you get all the girls Harry? " He asked, I turned my head to the side to look at him, the corners of my mouth turned up before I burst into fit's of laughter, followed shortly by Hermione. We were both bent over with laughter.

" Come on, we will be late. " Neville told us, hurrying down the stairs. We all walked out of the common room side by side and made it to our first class.

Again, quite the boring class. Miss Selina Black had to be a show off, as per usual. But soon enough, before I even had a chance to process the class we were being ushered out and off to our next class.

" Well, that was unmemorable. " I said to Hermione, she eyed me for a moment before looking back at where she was going. 

" It was quite interesting if you ask me. " She told me, I nodded, to each their own, I suppose. 

" Defence against the dark arts is next, that'll perhaps be more memorable. " Neville informed me, as he sped up to walk alongside us. 

" Perhaps it will. " I said, as we opened the large doors and stepped inside the classroom. There was a large cupboard, with the words ' Boggart. ' plastered on the door, those words didn't mean much to me but they did to Hermione.

" Oh this will be memorable, alright. " She said, as we took our seats. We sat beside each other, as we had picked up the habit of doing. The teacher took to the front of the classroom, as Ron and Harry slid into the desk behind us and Neville the one in front. 

" I am professor Quirrell. " He introduced himself as, he wore a large purple hat-like thing and as he sat it moved slightly to the side, he readjusted it before beginning the lesson.

" Can anyone tell me about what a Boggart is? " He asked the class, Hermione's hand shot up and he eyed her before nodding in our direction, she set her hand back down.

" A boggart is a creature that contains the ability to turn into one's worst fear. " She explained, oh this would be interesting alright. Quirrell nodded at her answer then pursed his lip's before asking another question. 

" And how does one defeat a Boggart? " He asked, again Hermione's hand shot into the air. He looked over at her, with a slight frown before looking away. Her face fell but her hand did not.

" Anyone besides Ms Granger? " He asked, folding his hands into his lip. No one offered a response and so he chose the method of calling someone out, unfortunately. 

He observed the classroom, a grimace resuming his once frown as he spotted me. Well I thought it was me but he inclined his eyes to behind me, I looked over. 

" Mr Potter? " He asked, Harry shook his head, looking down at his hands. Quirrell took on a full smile. 

" Thought not. " He muttered, turning to Hermione to answer once again.