Chapter 42 - Vesper Malfoy.

I fiddled with my Gryffindor tie absentmindedly, paying no attention to whatever Snape was saying. I could tell by Harry's still expression, he was trying his hardest to ignore him too.

" I can't believe they let Mattheo still attend school. " Hermione said suddenly, I noticed her gazing at the Slytherin table. I nodded in agreement, being the son of someone who threatened others existences surely wasn't a good place to be.

" Not to mention he has an annoying personality. " I added, after the whole incident last school year, I hadn't talked to him much and refused to be his potions partner, however I didn't have much say over that, so I did my best to ignore him when possible.

" You all hate this kid, huh? " Ron said, I gave him an apprehensive stare.

" Yes Sherlock, thanks for the observation. " I said loudly, I heard the talking I'd be trying hard to ignore slowly roll to a stop. I looked up after a moments silence and saw Snape looking our way, I examined the table, as if he could be looking at someone else.

" Yes Miss Malfoy? " He asked finally, I spun my head back around to face him.

" What professor? " I asked, with an innocent over-the-top smile. He shook his head but swiftly went back to talking, Ron grinned at me and I elbowed him lightly.

" Harry - are you alright? " Neville asked, he'd been sitting a little bit away from our group with Ginny.

Harry shook his head, enforcing a smile onto his face.

" Yes Neville. " He said, the smile, now slightly genuine.

After some more ignoring and talking amongst ourselves, the grand entrance banquet began. I stuffed food onto my plate, although I don't think anyone could beat the amount compiling onto Ron's.

I began eating immediately and the remainder of the meal was particularly quiet, this would be our last welcoming feast at Hogwarts.

After our dishes were taken as well as the food we all began walking out and away into our common rooms, I waved goodbye to my friends who in return raised their eyebrows in confusion. I snuck off to find someone I had been meaning to talk to.

As I assumed he would be, my brother was with his group, I tried to get him and only him to look my way. To absolutely no avail.

I weighed up my options but saw he was about to turn down the corridor that would lead to their common room, I rushed over and stood in front of the group. Selina waved to me and I grinned back.

" I need to speak to you Draco. " I explained, he gave me an apprehensive look but nodded, holding his hand out and indicating I lead the way. I went to walk away but a laugh, I knew all to well caused me to spin around.

" Don't even get a hi? " Mattheo said, I shook my head, going to turn back around.

" Look - I apologised. " He defensively muttered, I nodded, he looked at me confused but before he could utter another word, I took my brothers wrist and walked into an empty classroom not too far off.

" What Vesper? " He asked, leaning against a table. I thought back to the last meeting we had like this, he had admitted to being a death-eater. And judging by that fact, I probably shouldn't of been revealing what I was about to, but hey? he probably already knew.

" I'm going to be leaving Hogwarts soon. " I explained, he nodded, completely unfazed about what I was saying.

" So you don't mind? " I asked, he let out a low laugh.

" Even If I did, you wouldn't stay nor listen. " He said, I laughed back in response. He was right, of course.

" I just wish you wouldn't follow potter around like a puppy. " He admitted, I raised one eyebrow at him. Was that how he viewed our relationship?

" I made the choice not him. " I told him, he nodded, standing back up from the desk. He walked over to the door.

" I assume that was it? " He asked, I nodded and he smiled briefly at me as he exited. I waited a brief moment, sitting up on one of the tables, enjoying the silence and time to myself.

I crossed my legs over and shut my eyes, resting my face in my palms. I sat there for a short moment, letting my mind clear before raising and walking out.

I noticed that the corridors were practically empty and I was most likely late back to the common rooms, I ran along swiftly and explained to the portrait lady as Harry had that I didn't know the password. She recognised me from before and let me in, I smiled in appreciation.

" Where the hell did you go? " Hermione asked running forward and giving me a hug, I hesitantly hugged her back, slightly confused.

" I was only gone for ten minutes. " I said, in my defence. She shook her head, turning to Ron, he seemed just as baffled as her.

" You we're gone three hours. " He explained, my jaw went slack in alarm. Three hours? When I shut my eyes, I must of fallen asleep.

" Shit - sorry. " I said, Hermione shook her head as a smile spread across her face.

" Just glad you're here in one piece. " She said, I smiled back. Same? Although I hadn't a clue why I wouldn't come back in one.. oh. Voldemort.

" Vess! " I heard a familiar voice yell, as I was about to respond but was smothered by a Gryffindor quidditch jumper. I hugged him back.

" Hello Harry. " I said, chuckling. He smiled back.

" So - anymore news? " I asked, Ron shook his head, Hermione rolled her eyes, nodding at me.

" Neville said there were deatheaters on the train.. And as we have seen that they are allowing deatheaters to freely roam the school- " She began.
" And run it. " Harry interrupted, Hermione gave him a sparing glance.
" Yes and run it, we believed it'd be best to leave tomorrow morning. Start the quest, or whatever you want to call it. " She explained, I nodded along through the mini rant.

" Sounds good. " I answered, she gave me a thumbs up.

We all stood around staring at each-other.

" We best get our beauty sleep then, ey? " I said, jokingly. They all chuckled lightly.