A little realization

Sorry guys it has been so longggggg! I've seen the comments asking for an update and I pulled an all nighter to make it happen! It feels good to get this updated and get it rolling again! I really hope you guys enjoy! I also have a new story in the progress which has been taking most of my time and also life and work.

But thank you all for the lovely comments and votes! You guys make me smile! Keep em coming if you want more updates!

Happy reading😊

The idea, when they exited the store, was to put the shopping bags in the trunk and buckle Bucky in and they'd be on their way.

Yeah, that didn't happen.

" Steve no! ". Bucky whined, gripping onto the mans shirt tighter.

" buck, I have to drive now! You gotta let go! ".

Steve has been trying to pry Bucky off of him for the past fifteen minutes but nothing was working. He just wanted Steve to hold him.

Did he know why? Nope.

It was an instinct, just to cling to whatever felt safe and being in Steve's arms felt safe.

Sam was leaning against the car, watching the drama unfold. He had an idea, but decided to see what steve would do first because Bucky would probably try to strangle him if he opened his mouth again.

" Bucky please, we have to get moving. You'll be fine". Steve assured, freeing himself from buckys death grip.

He placed Bucky on the ground, making him stand on his own two feet. Bucky reached out trying to cling to steve again.

" No buck, be a big boy okay?". Steve asked, pushing his hands away.

That must have been the breaking point because Bucky sent himself into a full meltdown.

He dropped to the ground on his ass sobbing loudly, taking in sharp breaths as he put two fingers into his mouth and bit down.

Steve was shocked, he never would have expected that kind of reaction. Especially from Bucky. He knew littles could throw tantrums, but he's never been on the receiving end. He couldn't decide if Bucky was actually having a tantrum for not getting what he wanted or a meltdown because of the sensory overload in the store and it helped being in his arms.

But he couldn't deny the fact that he wanted Bucky back in his arms as well.

He immediately went to grab the little until sam stopped him with a hand on his chest.

" he's just throwing a tantrum because he isn't getting what he wants. You can't let him do that". He explained, dealing with plenty littles he knew this trick.

Steve looked down at Bucky to see the boy with tears in his eyes, some rolling down his cheek, as he reached out with grabby hands towards him.

"S-Stevie". Bucky choked out still reaching for the blonde.

Steve looked at Sam and then at Bucky.

He couldn't do that. He couldn't let Bucky cry. He needed him and Bucky was vulnerable when he's little. It broke his heart, who could deny grabby hands?

He swooped down and quickly picked the boy up under his arms and placed him on his hip again.

It was like magic, the tears almost instantly stopped with only a few sniffles.

" really Steve? ". Sam asked, rolling his eyes.

Steve blushed at how soft he was and clearly showing that bucky had him wrapped around his finger but he didn't care.