loki x reader - to the end of the realms

summary: you and loki are dating. steve comes in telling everyone to suit up for a mission against hydra. the mission is almost finished when something goes wrong.

warnings: shooting, guns, blood, death

word count: 1,403

a/n: honestly almost made myself cry with this one.
_______________________
Steve ran through the door, turning off the tv screen everyone's eyes had been glued to.

"hey, i was watching that!!" You shouted, crossings your arms over your chest. "Yeah cap. Just because you hate drama doesn't mean you have to turn our lifeline off." Tony added, turning it back on with a touch to his wristwatch.

Steve rolled his eyes, pressing the off button once again. Tony was about to comment when Steve spoke first, "You can watch tv later. We have a mission so suit up."

Everyone grumbled as Loki stood up, reaching out, pulling you up by your arms. "come on my love. you can watch Grey's Anatomy when we get back."

"but Merder—"
"Merder will still be there when we return." he placed an arm over your shoulder, "let's go."

"fine."You mumbled, making your way to your shared room. Throwing your emerald green catsuit on, you and Loki made your way down to the hangar where Natasha was already starting up the Quinjet.

"come on slowpokes!! let's go!!" Bucky shouted as you shoved another knife into your left thigh holster. "oh come on old man," You smiled, "I didn't know 107 year olds would be in such a rush."

Loki chuckled, fixing his horned helmet on his head, "don't anger the elderly, love." You laughed, walking up the bay door, strapping yourselves into the seats.
____________
A few hours later you arrived a mile away from the base, hidden in between a forest and mountains of snow.
"Alright. Loki, Bucky and y/n," Cap looked to you three, "you handle the agents on the right side of the building.
Wanda, Pietro and Thor, left side.
Then Sam, Yelena and the kid will be in the back."

Sam chuckled while Peter groaned, "oh come on. Please don't stick me with Sam. He's mean." Sam placed his hand over his heart as if he was hurt.
"I'm hurt by those words spideyboy."

"It's SpiderMAN." Peter corrected him, rolling his eyes. Bucky laughed, "Your not a man if you drunk apple juice from a sippy cup—"
"Okay, enough!" Steve shouted with a slight smirk. Sam and Bucky chuckled in the back. You smacked Loki's chest as he was laughing from the two teasing peter. "stop it," you whispered, snickering.

"Now me, Nat and Tony will go through the front. Natasha will download the file fury needs while I and Tony will take out agents." He breathed deeply, "Eliminate all agents. If even one gets out they'll be able to duplicate whatever file Fury wants off the charts, Fury's orders."

Everyone looked around in hesitance. Of course you've all killed before but most of the time you'd stun them, then arrest who you could. But this mission you all had been ordered, shoot to kill.

"Now let's go." Steve waved his arm as you, Loki and Bucky made your way to the right side of the base, you immediately cocking your gun as you twirled a knife in your other.

"On my signal, get ready." Steve spoke through the comms. Loki stood on one corner of the building, bucky on the other as you readied yourself in the middle.
"GO!!"  Steve shouted.

You could hear the base doors bust open. Shouts and gunfire could be heard from inside, along with the sound of Tony firing his repulsers at different agents.
Silence engulfed you three, the only noise being the trees swaying around you.

Suddenly you heard gunfire from around the corner as an agent fired at Bucky. The soldier holding his arm up as a shield in defense. Another agent shot at him, leaving him to hide behind an abandoned truck. You lifted your arms, pulling on the trigger as a bullet lodged itself straight through the skull of the agent.

"Thanks." Bucky said through the comms. You grumbled an Mhm before seeing more agents swarm around you. After running through two clips your gun suddenly clicked, leaving you without any bullets.

An agent headed right for you as you ran in different directions, dodging his bullets. Jumping off of a metal container, you flipped through the air, your legs wrapping around the neck of the agent as you snapped his neck, pulling him to the ground. "That was strangely attractive, my love." Loki grinned at you from across the field, stabbing another agent as he smirked.
"Not on the comms guys. Gross." Pietro grumbled
"Thanks babe." You smiled, ignoring the twin's comment. You took the dead agents gun. Full clip, good.
__________
Half an hour later almost all the agents were dead. Most littering around the base, some being disintegrated by Loki's scepter or by Wanda.

"Alright, we got everyone in here and the files. You guys all good outside?" Cap questioned through the comms.

"We're all good." Wanda's sokovian voice shouted.

"All clear." Yelena said.

"Yeah we're g—" You we're interrupted by a sudden pain radiating through your side. You looked down to see blood pouring from the now bullet sized hole in the middle of your stomach. Looking back up you could see the evil grin on Rumlow's face, standing in front of you.

"Team green. do you copy?"

"Y/N!!" Loki shouted, making his way to you as you fell back into his arms. A bullet shot right between Rumlow's eyes, Bucky killing him on the spot.

Your gun and knife fell to the ground as you looked up to Loki. "Stay with me darling. Stay with me." Loki pleaded, roughly holding his leather jacket over your bullet wound.

"Team green. do you copy?" Cap repeated.

"Y/n's down. We need Bruce!!" Bucky shouted, tears springing his eyes as he looked down to you in Loki's arms.

Loki sobbed over your paling body. "Darling, hold on! I'm gonna help you!"

Suddenly your surroundings changed. The once snowy forest was replaced with the Med-bay of the avengers compound.
"BRUCE!! BRUCE!!" Loki boomed, bruce running out to see him holding your bloody, almost limp, body.

"GET HER ON THE TABLE!!" Bruce shouted, Dr.Cho trying to push Loki from the room. Banner attached different wires to your chest and fingers while Dr.Cho attempted to stop your bleeding, haven given up on pushing Loki from the room.

The asgard ian sat by the table, holding your hand as tears fell onto your soft skin.

"L-loki." You mumbled, lifting your hand to meet his cheek. "I-I lo-love you." He shook his head, "NO! Don't do that! Don't say goodbye."

"Loki. I lov-love you. To the end of the realms, my love."

"Don't do that!" He repeated. You tightened your grip on his hand. "Say it back." A tear slipped down your cheek as you could start to feel your legs become numb. "Say it back or you'll regret it." A sob wrecked through his body as his shoulders shook. He stood, hovering over your body as his hand cupped both sides of your cheeks, "I love you. To the end of the realms my love."

Both your lips met, moving in sync together as his thumbs rubbed your freezing cold cheeks. Suddenly a continuous ring could be heard throughout the room, Bruce and Dr.Cho lowering their heads to the ground.

"what?" Loki mumbled, looking up to the two doctors. "WHY AREN'T YOU DOING ANYTHING?!" He shouted, slowly cradling your cold body in his arms. "HELP HER!!"

He felt a hand on his shoulder, looking over to see Bucky. "Why aren't they helping her?!" He cried, pulling your body closer to him.

"She's gone." Bucky held Loki as he collapsed to the ground, you with him.

The avengers stood by the door watching in horror as the love of your life held your dead body. Bruce threw a monitor across the room, Tony having to restrain him so the other guy wouldn't come out.
Loki's sobs filled the room, falling onto Bucky"s arms, then to your pale forehead.

Your blood dripped onto the white marble floor, slowly soaking Loki's leather suit.
"No." The god mumbled, rocking you back and fourth as Bucky cried behind him.

"She can't be gone. She can't be." He repeated, Bucky attempting to Pull you both up. The soldier laid you and Loki down, him immediately grasping onto you.
He kissed your forehead, his own tears running onto your cheeks.

"I love you to the end of the realms, love. To the end of the realms."