Stevexreader- Merry Christmas

warnings: blood, stress, food, (fluff eventually though)
__________________________

You had been dating Steve for a couple of months. Nothing serious but you both definitely cared deeply for each other. He was an Avenger and you worked as a trauma specialist in the New York City emergency department.

And with being a doctor meant working long, hard and stressful hours. Especially on holidays. "Get that patient an IV drip with the medicine I ordered! And someone replace the bedspreads on 3, 7, and 10!" You shouted at different interns and nurses, trying to keep the surprisingly busy ER flowing.

You had been here almost twelve hours and you knew you wouldn't be able to see Steve today, on Christmas. You felt bad. You even bought presents and prepared a meal that was now cold in the fridge. But of course, you were called in after someone was stabbed with a knife through the hand. Apparently, someone's mother-in-law wasn't happy about how the ham was cooked.

You groaned, rubbing your head just as the phone rang. You gave an intern a look, causing them to pick it up rather quickly.

"Yes. I understand." You felt a tap on your shoulder as you glared as the person who did it, turning around slowly. "What?"

"They need you on the roof."

"We have a helicopter intake?"

"No, the parking garage roof. Something happened I'm not sure." The intern shrugged. You groaned once again, "Details?"

"Something to do with Captain Ameri-"

"I'm on my way!!" You shouted, running in the direction of the four-level parking garage. You cursed, your heartbeat increasing every second. What happened to Steve? Was he okay?

Finally, you opened the stairwell door, slamming it as you ran into the snow-covered roof. There were no cars at the moment. No one wanted their car to be stuck in case the snow rose too much. So everyone parked on the lower levels.

"Steve? Steve are you he-"

Something caught your eye. Bright lights filled your vision as you saw the giant tent set up on the far side of the structure. "Steve?" You called, pulling your white coat tighter around your body. You walked farther, seeing steve holding a bouquet of red roses.

You grinned, stepping under the tent as bright white, red, and green lights were strung all around, leading to a table where Steve was standing.

"Steve?"

"Hi, baby." He smiled, pulling you into his body, smashing his lips down on yours. You both pulled away, smiling. "What is all this?" You questioned, taking the roses from his hands when he held them out. "Well first of all I know you hate roses and can't take care of anything so they're fake and they were the only flowers left."

You smiled again, "And secondly?"

"Second, I know how much you wanted to be home today and have a nice evening. So, I brought the evening to you." He stepped aside, revealing the meal you had cooked all steamy and warmed. Tears sprung to your eyes seeing the effort he put into all of it.

"Steve...Oh my god. I- your amazing but I..." You hesitated, looking back to the main part of the hospital, "I can't leave my job-"

"Already taken care of. Bruce stepped in."

You grinned, "Thank you, Steve."

"No, thank you. Come on, baby." He tilted his head, motioning to the food.

Steve took the roses, holding out the chair for you as you took a seat. Suddenly Natasha stepped out from the shadow, holding a tray with red wine and two glasses. She had on black attire like a waitress. "Thank you, Nat."

"Of course," She winked, "Ma'am."

You smiled, looking back at Steve as he held out a plate of food. You took it, holding his hand. "Thank you, Steve. This made my night."

"Of course. Merry Christmas. I love you, baby."

"I love you."