Confusion & Dumbledore being the Manipulative Idiot he is

*At the Dursleys – 8am Thursday*
"Get up boy!! It's time to practice!" Petunia yelled, unlocking the door to Harry's room. Harry got the second bedroom when he started to get too big to do his ballet stretches in the cupboard. Harry sighed as he quickly changed into a loose t-shirt and his ballet training leggings, both a rich black.
"Coming aunt Petunia." Came Harry's emotionless reply. When Harry opened his door he saw that Petunia had already gone downstairs, so he quietly went over to Dudley's room.
"Hey Duds? You awake yet?" Harry called softly.
"Yeah Hads, I'll come down with you, hang on." Dudley replied. Dudley came out a minute later in sweatpants and a sleeveless shirt. Even though he ate a lot, Dudley also exercised, so he didn't have any baby fat by the time he turned ten. He and Harry were both incredibly fit. Running in the early mornings and evenings.
"Come on Dudley, we've got to get downstairs before Aunt Petunia starts screaming like a banshee...again." Harry said.
"Yeah." Then Dudley saw what Harry was wearing and groaned, "Is she making you practice again?!"
"Unfortunately, yes. There's a competition next month right before our birthdays, with a pretty decent prize money. She wants me to win, so she's making me practice harder to ensure that I do." Harry replied void of any emotion.
"Dude, she's been pushing you non-stop for the past two weeks. Training all day long and stretching for hours before bed. Getting up at six in the morning with barely any sleep. That and my parents' tempers, they're going to end up killing you one of these days." Dudley said.
"Nah, the goat won't let them kill me, he wants to do it himself. Make himself out to be some amazing hero, so it'll make the people trust him, give him more power. I'm surprised Aunt Tuney let me sleep in so long today though. It's weird. Anyway, let's go." Harry explained, moving towards the stairs.
When they descended the stair case, they saw Petunia with a very unhappy look on her face. Then harry saw the clock. He was late. It seemed that Dudley saw this too because he looked at Petunia with a fake smile and said, "Sorry we're late Mom, Harry was helping me with some stretches."
Petunias face immediately changed to happy as she excitedly said, "Oh, that's all right Duddy. How's your training going? I made you a breakfast with all your favorite fruits!"
"Thanks. It's been going great. I'm glad it's summer though, it's given me more time to practice. I think I've got a good chance at winning the boxer championship this year, instead of runner up again." Dudley had always won his matches, but last year, Vernon came home drunk, and was mad about something that happened at work. He took his anger out on Harry, and beat him within an inch of his life. Vernon and Petunia refused to take him to the hospital, so Dudley took care of him. The loss of time showed in his performance that year. He had so little time to practice, because he was worried about his cousin, so he ended up getting runner up, barely.
"Oh don't worry Dudley, now that you don't have to waste your time on the boy, you'll have plenty of time to prepare." Petunia replied with an odd and kind of scary bitter-sweet smile.
Dudley was appalled at this, so when the three of them sat down at the table he said, "Are you serious?!! That idiot almost killed Harry last year. When you refused to take him to the hospital, I was the only one who cared enough about him to help him. What's wrong with you?!!"
"B-but..." Petunia stuttered.
"It's fine Dudley, the only reason I'm here is to do competitions, and win them money. They could care less about me which is fine. I like to dance, so I don't mind. I don't matter. They aren't going to change, so there's no point in trying." Harry said monotonously, his eyes dimming.
"But Harry..." Dudley started as Harry rose from the table. Taking a plate of strawberries and a bottle of water.
"I'm going out back to train Aunt Petunia, when you're done I'd like to show you something."
And with that, he waked away. Petunia stared at him with a curious expression as he left. But when she looked back at Dudley, she found her son glaring heavily at her.
"What?" she asked, surprised at her son's look.
"You have got to be kidding me. Like he said, it doesn't matter." Dudley replied, tired of trying to get her to see her mistakes.
When Petunia and Dudley finished their breakfast, they each grabbed a water bottle and headed to the back. There they found Harry finishing his stretches.
"Alright, what do you want? What could possibly be so important that you..." Petunia was saying but was cut off by Dudley.
"Stop it!" Dudley said, glaring. He was curious though, Harry hadn't mentioned anything about showing Petunia anything.
Harry rolled his eyes and took out Dudley's old I-pod and portable speaker. Scrolling for a specific song. When he found it, he gave them to Dudley and said, "Just watch." Harry then walked some ways away and asked, "Can you press play now Dudley?"
"Sure thing Harry." Dudley replied.
Pressing play, Dudley looked at the tittle of the song. He smiled, it was one of his favorites, titled "White Rabbit". He looked up and saw that Harry was beginning to dance. Harry was dancing in a way neither Dudley or Petunia had ever seen before. He was completely ignoring his surroundings and just danced in total synch to the song. Each movement showed a different party of the song, told a different part of the story, but it also showed a part of Harry. All in all, Dudley and Petunia were entranced, Harry was amazing, and they couldn't look away. When Harry was done, and the song ended, Harry looked at Dudley and said, "Happy early Birthday Duds." Dudley smiled, and then looked at Petunia. She was crying.
"Was that up to your standards aunt Petunia?" Harry asked, almost sarcastically.
"Yes... most definitely yes! If you dance that at the competition, you'll win for sure! Where in the world did you learn that?!" Petunia nearly shrieked.
"If you're asking where I learned the steps, from the studio you've been taking me to for the last five years. If you're asking where I learned the dance, I choreographed it myself." Harry replied with a completely straight face, if not a little smug.
"What? How... You know what, never mind, just go do your stretches. I'm going to go work on the garden. This is it! We're going to win!!!"
As Petunia left excitedly, both boys were trying to smother their laughter behind their hands. But as soon as she was out of sight and the door was shut, they both burst out laughing.
"You know Dudley; I think that that's the happiest she's ever been with something concerning me." Harry said.
"Anything with prize money makes her happy as long as you win." Dudley replied, sniggering. Harry rolled his eyes again. "Well, she's gone for now, what's the plan for September?" Dudley asked, serious.
Harry sighed lightly before saying, "Well September is still about two months away. But your birthday is next month. Mine is a few weeks after that. So we'll probably end up getting our letters at the same time."
"What houses do you think we'll be in?" Dudley questioned.
"For you, either Gryphindor or Hufflepuff. For me Ravenclaw or Slytherin most likely. After the sorting, we'll need to find allies. Padfoot is with Moony right now, making the mirrors, so we'll get those later." Harry mumbled.
"Hey Hads? Don't we have work today?" Dudley remembered, panicked.
"Oh shoot! Come on, come on! We've got to go!" Harry said, scrambling to get up.
Dudley and Harry picked up their stuff, and went inside. After they put their things away and grabbed their work t-shirts and tags, they headed out the door, passing Petunia on the way.
"Where are you two off to?" Petunia questioned, frowning.
"Sorry, we've got to go, we've got work and we're going to be late." Dudley answered, "Bye!"
"Bye Duddy! Be safe!" Petunia waved.
Dudley and Harry waved and started running to their job, Surrey, London Créature Café. It was only about a ten minute run there, so they quickly entered and put on their t-shirts and pins. Dudley buttoning his almost all the way, Harry leaving his open. As they got behind the counter, they saw their co-worker Blaise Zabini, and their manager Jackson Ruu'. There weren't very many customers that morning since it was only ten and most people came around nine and noon. So any customers that had been there had already left, so the café was empty except for the workers. Blaise was cleaning tables and Jackson was putting chairs back since he had been sweeping.
"Oh, good. You guys are here. That means I can leave now." Jackson said.
"Hey, Zabini, Ruu'. Where're you headed off to in such a hurry Ruu'?" Harry asked.
"Hey guys." Dudley greeted.
"Loverboy here got himself a date." Blaise replied, quietly laughing.
"Really? With who?" Dudley asked, surprised. Normally Jackson was a very quiet person. One who kept to himself unless he was taking orders for customers.
"It wouldn't happen to be that one regular with the bright blonde sandy hair, purple eyes, would it? One sugar, two creams? Strawberry pastry with chocolate on top?" Harry questioned with innocent and wide bambi eyes.
"His name is Asher Siren, alright? And yes, he's the one you're talking about. How did you know?" Jackson conceded, putting his hands up in defeat.
"I'm not named after Salazaar Slytherin for nothing you know." Harry replied, smirking.
Jackson and Asher are both muggleborn. Jacksons' parents own the café and are friends with Asher's parents. Both Jackson and Asher just graduated from Durmstrang last year, so they're both now eighteen. Even a stranger could tell they liked each other though. They also know the truth about what's happening to Harry and Dudley because because of Dumbledore's actions.
"Fair enough. anyway, I've got to go, my shift ended like twenty minutes ago anyway. See you guys tomorrow!"
"Bye!" Harry, Blaise, and Dudley yelled as Jackson ran out the door.
"Took em long enough." Blaise muttered.
"Tell me about it." Harry agreed.
"Hey Harry, how's your routine going for the competition?" Zabini asked.
"Great, I guess. My aunt like it, so that's definitely something." Harry replied, then proceeded to tell him what happened.
"Seriously?! You got the horse-faced banshee to smile? And cry?! Wow, I guess you really can do the impossible." Zabini said while laughing.
"How have your routines been going for gymnastics?" Dudley asked.
"Good, but I can do better. My floor routine needs some work. How's your boxing going Dudley?" Blaise replied.
"Much better. I've gotten alot more training. Have you figured out where you're going to go for school yet? Dudley asked.
"Yeah. I'm going to go to Hogwarts with you guys."
"Great, and if you want I can try to help with your floor routine." Harry offered.
"Thanks, that'd be great." Blaise said, smiling.
Just then, a family walked in. Two blonde males and a black haired woman.