CHAPTER 16 XMAS DAY

ELLIE

Jinyoung wasn't lying when he warned me about Jackson. Jackson was being his old flirty self when they were promoting. Couldn't blame him though. I bet all idols would treat their fans nicely because they were the ones that've been supporting them. But at the same time, I did feel sorry if any idols ever had someone special that wasn't an idol. They might not have the same idea about fanservice and could end up getting jealous or hurt. Me? Honestly, I didn't feel anything. His service to his fans was out of grattitude and he was really grateful for them, so he wanted to show them. Did I feel jealous? Why should I when our relationship wasn't even real?

I handed my request two weeks ago. Luckily since I never took a day off, they agreed with my request. I told grandpa that I'd be home for Christmas and he was happy. But I haven't told Jackson yet. He told me to get a week off, but I only puton request for 5 days. I couldn't spend my days off all at once. He called me on our "anniversary" and his mother called me too. I've warned Jackson not to do anything on our anniversary as it was a fake one anyway. Birthdays were already too much for me. Luckily he was busy with some other variety show so he couldn't do anything.

I'd changed into my winter clothes on the plane. I have been used to the Singapore's hot and sunny weather, so I hated that I had to wear winter clothes again. I couldn't stand cold. The moment I went out of the airport building, the cold wind hit my face. I pulled up my scarf to cover half of my face so I didn't freeze. I was about to grab some taxi when I saw Jackson's manager walking toward me in fast pace.

"Sorry, I was late. Let me get your luggage and the driver would drive you back to the house. I have to go back and pick up his parents," his manager told me.

"It's okay. I didn't know that anyone would pick me at the airport. You're lucky I didn't miss you," I told him. But again, maybe I was the one that forgot to check my phone.

No one was at home yet so I immediately washed up and changed my clothes before anyone arrived. I put away my luggage in the walk-in closet room. I was busy arranging my stuff when someone walked inside the closet.

JACKSON

I found her in the walk-in closet. She was busy putting away her stuff. I hugged her from behind and scolded her, "Can't you text me or call me to inform me that you've arrived? Why do I have to know about it from my manager?" She brushed me off immediately.

"Sorry, I completely forgot. Do we have any plan?" she frowned.

"No. Not us, but my mom as usual. We'll be having dinner with my parents. Tomorrow I'll arrange dinner with your grandpa. Just your grandpa, right?"

"Yes, just my grandpa. Why are we having dinner?" she started to think hard, remembering if she was missing some important dates or whatever.

"To celebrate our anniversary. My mom insisted us to celebrate it anyway." She let out a big sigh. She wasn't fond of celebrations. If there was any hole, I bet she would go inside the hole and hid until it was time for her to get back to Singapore.

"Wait, I forget to ask you, do you get a week off?" She was fidgeting with her fingers. She did that unconsciously when she was anxious about something.

"No, I only get 5 days." I let out a sigh, this girl frustrated me. "Why?"

"Well, I have something in mind. Now, I have to re-calculate the time so it can fit yours," I was super annoyed. Did she enjoy working more than I did? Or did she not want to spend it with me?

We got through dinner safely. My mom was about to ask about B thing, but I stopped her before she could say anything. I changed the dinner plan with her grandpa into a lunch date. The only time I could she her lit up a bit without anyone forcing her to was when she saw her grandpa. It was understandable though. He was the only one that could share her excitement talking about medical stuff. They could go on and on talking about cases, leaving me the only one that didn't understand anything about it.

"Pack your clothes for two days, especially your puffer jacket, gloves, scarf and hat. We're leaving in one hour," I ordered her when we arrived back at the apartment.

"What? Where?" she was confused.

"Just wait and see. We're going on holiday," I winked at her and pushed her to the walk in closet so she could pack her clothes. In an hour, we were back at the airport.

ELLIE

We were going to Shanghai. To the Shanghai Disneyland. I thought we were about to rest at home during holiday. But apparently he had another plan. It's been ages since I've been to an amusement park.

"Ain't we too old to be at an amusement park?" I asked him in low voice.

"Why are you whispering? There's no one else here. No one is too old for Disneyland. Don't tell me you don't like Disneyland," he looked at me like I was a weirdo.

"I don't know, it's been ages since I've been to one," I answered honestly, in normal voice now. It was silly of me to whisper to him earlier when it was just the two of us on the jet.

And of course, he booked a place at the Toy Story Hotel. Him and his obsession with Buzz Lightyear.

"We'll just rest for tonight and tomorrow we will spend two days at the park. You can walk around the hotel if you'd like," he told me when we were in the hotel room already.

"Two days?"

"The weather is a bit unpredictable in winter, so better be safe so we can enjoy everything."

"But is it okay for you to be in public? There will be lots of people at the park."

"Luckily this is winter. Bulky clothes, scarves, hats, and masks. But still, let's hope no one recognizing me." I looked at him from head to toe. His light hair and his earrings.. it would be harder to hide in the crowd if he still looked like that.

"Well, maybe. Don't wear your earrings and maybe cover your hair all the time. But indoor would be harder."

"Arrghh," he groaned. He was the one that was excited to be in this hotel. And it was just the two of us for now. I didn't know whether his manager or bodyguard would join us later or not. Maybe they've been here already. I bet he would still try to roam around the hotel, even though it would risk us being noticed by other people.