CHAPTER 17 THE HOLIDAY

JACKSON

If it was just me, I wouldn't care and still roamed around the hotel. But now I got Ellie. It took me months to get her closer to me, and I didn't want to risk her being caught in public with me just because I couldn't hold myself. At the same time, I also wanted her to enjoy her day off. Like normal people. I should've brought my manager, that way he could accompany Ellie walked around the hotel. Oh well, I might not think this through. Or maybe not..

Of course my manager found out about us. I meant me, trying to sneak out by myself. Apparently he found out about my hidden agenda and was here already with my bodyguard. Since he was already here, I asked him to accompany Ellie so she could walk around the hotel freely, while me.. oh well.. I had to stay in the room until tomorrow.

ELLIE

Of course he would sulk. He planned this holiday without thinking. He wanted to roam around the hotel, but then he would attract people's attention and possibly would make people found out about us. He didn't want to risk it so he asked his manager to accompany me walking around the hotel. He told me thousand times to take tons of pictures. I felt sorry for him, so I told him I would video called him while I was walking around but he had to be quiet. I flipped the camera so he could see everywhere I went. Half way he told me to end the video call and told me to enjoy it myself.

"I've told you to take tons of photos." Obviously he shouted at me when I got back because I didn't take many pictures.

"What for? I don't like to be photographed anyway." He sighed. "You're the one that will enjoy this hotel more, so why don't you go outside and enjoy it yourself?" I told him.

"No, then someone would notice that I stayed here and then they would find out about us staying here. So no, thank you," he refused my idea but still pouted, he looked cute when he did that.

JACKSON

I walked toward her and hugged her from behind. "I'm sorry for not thinking this through. I just want you to enjoy your holiday. Like other normal people."

"It's okay. I'm the weird one. Thanks for your effort," she said while brushing me off. "We're supposed to just put an act, not to really acting our roles," she reminded me. I put up my hands and retreated. I told her to just call it a day and rested. Tomorrow would be a long day.

The next morning, I was excited. I told her to hurry up. I covered my face with face mask then topped it off with my scarf and put on my hat as well. I brought some hot packs with me as well. My manager and my bodyguard would follow us in a safe distance to make sure no one was following us or secretly taking picture of us.

"Can you ride anything?" she asked me.

"Sure.Thanks to one of the variety show, I'm braver now. I can ride almost anything. What about you?"

"Don't know. It's been awhile," she admitted.

"Let's go then.." I grabbed her and started to go toward the nearest attraction. We've spent the first few hours riding attractions. I had to say, no one else did it like her. She'd be closing her eyes when she felt afraid or terrified, but she didn't shout at all. Really. No sound at all. Usually people would go with flow and started to scream their hearts out.

"You sure are a weird one. How come you never scream?"

"Why should I?"

"Umm.. I don't know, let loose? To let off any steam?"

"Then it's useless. It will irritate my throat as well, so no, thank you." Seriously.. this girl was the real-life definition of 'No Jam'.

Because I couldn't take off my mask in public, we had to go back to the hotel to eat lunch. The she was bored riding attraction, so we waited to see some parades. The parades were exciting, well, they were more exciting because of her. She enjoyed the parades more. I saw her face lit up when she saw it. But it was pretty cold, especially when it got dark. Her nose started to turn red. I gave her some of my hot packs so she could stay warm.

"Do you have fun?" I asked her when we were back to the hotel room.

"Uh-huh, it was surprisingly fun. Thank you."

"Do I get a reward for entertaining you?" I teased her. She walked away immediately.

"Hey..hey.. I was joking," I stopped her from running away. "Tomorrow we'll only have half day at the park then we had to headed back to the airport. Our flight would be in the afternoon."

"Oh, okay."

"I was curious, out of all Disney's characters, which one is your favorite?"

"Ummm..," she started to think. I bet no one asked her before. "I guess Pluto," she said at last. Out of all the characters, she picked the dog one. I smiled.

The next day we just took it slow at the park. I told her to get some photograph with the characters at the park. She refused it at first, but immediately agreed when I threatened her that I would go with her.

"Next time, I hope we won't need to hide like this. I want to spend time all day in the park, taking pictures with the characters, roaming around the hotel with you. I won't care about people around us," I started to say when we were in the airplane.

"Your hope is wrong in several ways. When you don't need to hide, it means you decided to retire from the entertainment business, and it won't be any time soon. And you and me in public is not happening. After the contract ended, you and I will go our own ways."

"Really?" Did she have to ruin it that way? I started to feel angry.

It was already late when we arrived at home. I saw her headed to her usual study room. Oh no, not tonight. I grabbed her suitcase and her hand and dragged her to my room. I put her suitcase back to the walk-in closet room, and told her to change first. I locked the other door that was headed to the study room from the other side so she had no choice but back to my room when she finished changing her clothes. I found her in my room with questioning look in her eyes when I got back to my room.

ELLIE

I didn't understand why he was mad at my comment. I just stated the obvious. Me and him was not going to happen. We're just business. A marriage contract. Not a real one. The moment the public knew about us, we had to deny it. And the moment the contract ended, we should go our separate ways, because that was we wanted at first. He didn't even want this marriage arrangement at first, so why did he feel crossed now?

"Why is the door locked?" I wanted to get out of his room to go back to the study room, where I used to sleep. But he blocked my way and grabbed my hands.

"Because I locked it. You're not sleeping there tonight, or anymore nights whenever you're here. This is the bedroom and this is where you're going to sleep from tonight on. You said we're just two people in a contract, then do your part. Act like my wife. Sleep here with me everytime you're here in my house. I bet you have no problem since you don't have any feelings for me," he said angrily. I really didn't understand why he was really mad at me, but I didn't dare to fight him. He might look cute but he was scary when he was angry. And tonight he was really angry, so I climbed up his bed without saying anything. I heard him going outside again, maybe to the gym, and I didn't hear him after that. I fell asleep without realizing he's climbed up to the bed beside me. All I knew when I woke up, he was there beside me.

My flight back to Singapore was in the afternoon. I didn't see him all morning after he woke up. I didn't know what to do next. Should I get a taxi to take me to the airport? Or should I ask his manager for help? Did he still angry with me? Should I text him?

[My manager will pick you up and drive you to the airport at 11] He texted me. When I arrived at the airport, there was no sign of him. So I texted him to say goodbye and called his mother to say goodbye.