How Was School?

Yusuke made his way up to the main living area and plopped his stuff onto the couch.

"You should be a bit more careful." Subaru mumbled.

Yusuke was so lost in his thoughts he didn't notice Subaru watching TV. Immediately, he went to the kitchen for a snack. Wataru was sitting at the table along with Hikaru and Louis.

"Yusuke is home!" Wataru cheered. "How many friends did you make?"

"W-what does it matter to you?" His back was turned to the table, but Hikaru noticed his blush.

"So, you did make a friend." Said Hikaru. "From the looks of it, you really like them."

"A-and? What if I do like her as a friend?"

"Hikaru didn't say they were a girl." Added Louis.

"Y-you have a girlfriend?" Subaru turned from the couch. "It was only the first day!"

"She's not my girlfriend! We have a few classes together and I shared my lunch with h-"

"Oh? Sharing lunches?" Joked Hikaru. "I bet she'll bring you something tomorrow." They winked at Yusuke.

"...W-well..." Yusuke lost his words.

Wataru gasped. "Yusuke's girlfriend is making him lunches! Does that mean I can have more?"

"SHE'S NOT MY GIRLFRIEND!!!"

"Yusuke, why are you being so loud?" Iori walked into the room. "Was school that bad?"

"None of your damn business!" Yusuke took an apple from a basket on the counter. Then grabbed his bag and rushed to his room.

Iori looked at the others for an explanation.

"Yusuke has a new girlfriend!" Wataru exclaimed.

"A friend who is a girl." Corrected Louis.

"Who he really likes~." Hikaru chuckled.

Iori paused, "Alright then."

---

Slamming the door behind him, Yusuke threw his stuff on the floor and jumped into his bed. Turning over, he stared at the ceiling. Ears still burning with embarrassment. He covered his face with his hands. I don't like her like that! He screamed in his head. She showed interest about who I am. It's just being a good friend. The only difference is that she's a girl... "AHHH, Kaname you've ruined how I see male and female relationships!" he shoved his head into a pillow. The room was still for a few moments. Yusuke listened to his heartbeat and felt his face hot as ever.

Calming down, he sat up and looked over his desk. Earrings, necklaces, rings, and a bottle of nail polish. It wasn't much. He wore most of it... except the nail polish. It was a dark purple. He bought it with a friend as a joke. Then one day he put it on, and it felt nice. He didn't wear it out, afraid of what his brothers might say. Sure, he had a cross dressing brother, but they were used to that. Not knowing how they'd react to a new change, Yusuke kept it to himself. Getting up, he went to the desk, unscrewed the top and put some on. He looked at his hand as it dried. It wouldn't be that big of a deal if I wore it. I've seen guys wear makeup and other stuff like that... He sighed, going back and forth on this thought had become a habit.

Tapping his nails to see if they were dry, the polish smudged. Groaning, he took a bottle of nail polish remover from the bathroom and wiped that nail clean. The remover was Hikaru's. Yusuke had "borrowed" it, then never gave it back. He looked at the rest of his nails. Only his left hand and not all fingers painted. Taking the bottle, he poured some more and wiped the rest clean. One day, he thought, one day.