Cookie Shenanigans

Saturday morning, Yusuke was up earlier than usual. Him and Linnea had confirmed that she would come over at eleven. It was now almost ten thirty and they were still frantically cleaning. Why? Yusuke didn't really know. He'd had friends over when his room was a complete disaster, but she probably wouldn't even come in there. Nevertheless, they kept cleaning.

A soft knock came from the door. Opening it revealed Hikaru. A mischievous smile stuck on their face.

Yusuke became irritated. "What."

"Oh, nothing." Hikaru said, "Just wanted to make sure you were ready for your first 'female friend' to come over."

"S-she's not my first female friend..."

"Mhmmm. And I also came to tell you that I will leave for lunch soon. But not before I introduce myself to her of course!"

"No."

"Why not? Seeing you like her enough to have her over, she's bound to meet us all eventually."

"Tch, fine."

Hikaru smiled and walked off towards the elevators. He paused and turned around, "Oh, and Yusuke? You should probably head downstairs unless you want one of us to answer the door." They laughed and entered the elevator.

Yusuke slammed his door shut and bolted after Hikaru. "I'll get the door!" Barely making it in time before the elevator doors shut. Yusuke glared at Hikaru's innocent smile.

Linnea and her mother drove towards Yusuke's house. They could've walked, but it was Saturday and neither of them wanted to.

"Okay, now turn here." Linnea instructed.

"Do you know if his parents will be home?" she asked.

"Mother, I assure you, everything will be fine."

"Just checking. Don't want you burning the house down unsupervised."

Linnea's phone buzzed confirming their arrival. "We're here- oh my god it's a mansion." The two of them looked on in disbelief. "I knew he had a big family, but an actual mansion?!?"

"How big is his family exactly?"

"He has twelve brothers, thirteen including him."

"Holy..."

They slowly pulled into the car port. Linnea unbuckled and got out of the car.

"If you need anything," her mother called out, "just call me."

"I will!" She went up to the door and hit the buzzer. A few seconds later, a voice came through.

"Yes? Is this Yusuke's friend?" The voice was clear, but she heard something happening in the background.

"Yeah, my name is Linnea. May I come in?"

"You may. The door should be open." She heard a click confirming it was open. "Take the elevator to the fifth floor, Yusuke should be waiting."

"Thank you!" Linnea grabbed the handle. She waved to her mother as she drove off.

Inside the mansion was beautiful. It was so clean and prestigious; Linnea was very intimidated. Are his brothers going to judge me? She asked herself. She pushed the button for the fifth floor and waited. Several seconds later, the elevator arrived. Her mind kept straying to think about Yusuke's brothers. How many are going to be there? I hope it isn't as chaotic as I think it will be.

The elevator slowed as it reached its destination. Linnea could hear voices from the other side. The doors slowly opened.

"-going to be late." Wham!