Chapter 01 - She was like a hurricane in human form.

She was like a hurricane in human form.

The carriage ride from the Rosebery estate to London was long. Too long for Ariana who found herself bored at the second hour of the travel. She should be used to it by now after all the countries she had crossed with her parents but today she seemed restless. There were too many thoughts swirling trough her head.

She had just lost her two parents. There was no words to describe the despair she felt upon the news. She had not traveled with them, staying back in Paris to properly finish her studies while they left for Rosebery to prepare the estate. She had learn the news several days later and had set to leave as quickly as she could. When she arrived in England, she was orphaned. Her two loving parents were not here anymore. She was lost, lost in her mind and lost in the endless corridors of the Primrose estate. She was alone. Never again would she hear her parents laughing together, never again would she see them looking at each other with nothing but love in their eyes. She would never play the piano for her father and read to her mother again.

With the death of the Earl also came the responsibilities which now laid entirely upon Ariana. Even though she had no title, she was now the owner of the lands and properties of Rosebery. She was prepared but not ready to endorse the role so quickly. It took her some time to adjust to her new role while grieving her parents but she was successful towards her duties.

She was relieved when she received the letter of Lady Bridgerton. She did not know of the arrangement but was glad of it for she did not want to make her debut alone. She did not want to make her debut at all but it had been the wish of her mother that she makes her entrance in society and Ariana was set to honour her last wish. In addition, she knew she could use a change of air after being confined in her house for months. The season was an opportunity to have some fun, something that had lack terribly in her life for the past months.

That is why after settling all her new responsibilities and leaving Mr Lewis, her father's assistant, in charge of the Earldom, she left for London.

The day was already advanced when Ariana arrived at the Bridgerton house. Upon hearing of her arrival the whole family had gathered in front of the stairs to greet her. Ariana could not help the memories flooding her at the sight of the house, from all the times her parents had visited the Bridgerton in London. She hoped that they remembered her, she hoped that Anthony remembered her. She was anxious upon seeing them gathered in front of the house and willed herself to make a good impression in front of the old friends welcoming her in their house.

The carriage finally stopped and Ariana took the extended hand of the footman to help her out.

She was greeted by the whole family. Lady Bridgerton was the first to advance toward her, forgetting formalities and bringing the girl in an embrace. Ariana was quick to return the gesture, she had missed the interactions during her time locked up in her estate and Lady Bridgerton certainly gave great hugs.

"Ariana, my dear, it is so good to see you. I cannot believe you are finally here. I am so sorry for your parents." Said the Viscountess after releasing Ariana.

"Thank you, Lady Bridgerton, it is a pleasure to see you too. And thank you very much for offering me to come."

"Of course! Your mother was a dear friend of mine, I would never have you alone after such terrible event! And please call me Violet. "

Ariana gave her a grateful smile and turned to the rest of the family. Anthony was the second to come towards her, smiling widely at her. He was right to wonder how she might have bloomed for she was the most beautiful woman he had the chance to see. The breath was knock out of him when he saw his childhood friend descend from the carriage. Her blond hair that used to be tangled were now curled in soft waves and hold at the top of her head perfectly. Her dress that used to be muddy on a last ten inches was now hugging perfectly her curves and not an inch of mud could be seen. Her skin that used to be adorned of bruises and cuts because of her childlike recklessness seemed smooth like silk. However, her eyes remained the same. They were a light green, strewn of gold sparkling in the sun and Anthony found that they were still enchanting.