Volume 1: Chapter 3; Booty or Duety

*Thoughts
*Whisper
*ACTION

No One's Pov

It was early in the morning at Beacon Academy, currently Glynda Goodwitch was out in the courtyard. She was waiting for Y/N to arrive so that way they could investigate the thorns that were found by the Team during the Initiation.

Glynda's Pov

I had arrived thirty minutes early, hoping to show him that I was responsible on showing up on time or early, unlike Barbara Petra. As I was waiting, I had felt a tap on my shoulder, turning around I saw him. Well more like his chest, he was taller than me, and quiet possibly rivalled the height of Yatsuhashi. He had a cute bright smile across his face

Y/N: are you ready to go?

He held my hand and I couldn't help but blush as he did so. They were so much bigger than mine, they had a small glow to them which I found was interesting. He led me all the way to the cliff of the Emerald Forest, I had used my Semblance to make a platform for us, taking us down.

Y/N: now what from Ozpin said, the thorns were near the relics were

Glynda: correct, what kind of monster do you think it is?

Y/N: to be honest, I don't know. As they got to the ground, Y/N had grabbed a strange jar of glowing green flys. He had opened it and they flew out. They changed to blue and flew off, leading them.

Glynda: what are those?

Y/N: I call them scout flys. They're capable of tracking anything and can even pinpoint a monsters exact location

Glynda: that could be useful for tracking Grimm, when they run.

Y/N: it would, but sadly they don't work on Grimm. I've tried it before, but it doesn't work.

Glynda nodded as the scout flys had reached their destination. Y/N looked confused as he walked up to the tree, seeing the massive thorns stuck in the tree. He walked up and had grabbed one, ripping it out.

Y/N: what did this?

Glynda: Mr. Rose! There are some claw marks on the floor!

He held the thorn as he walked over, seeing the claw mark. He bent down and gently ran his hands over the mark.

Y/N: the marks are deep, whatever it was, it was attacking something.

He looked around and saw the scout flys turned green on another mark. He walked over and felt the track, seeing that it was large.

Y/N: an Anjanath. The foot prints are deep, it was running. Most likely from made the claw marks.

The scout flys formed in a massive group and began to track the Anjanath. Y/N quickly while I was trailing behind. We followed the tracks deeper into the Emerald Forest, to the point where students aren't allowed to enter. I watched as Y/N effortlessly climbed a tree, he had felt more of the blue claw marks and jumped down.

Y/N: we're close

He speed off again, I sighed and tried to follow after. It's not easy running through the woods in heels. I had managed to catch up to him, but stopped as he was just staring. I went around him and saw him staring at an Anjanath carcass. The left side of it's body was filled with thorns, big and small. He had gotten close, I held my riding crop in hand as he did so. He was standing right next to it's jaws, he placed his hand on the nose and made the beast flinch. I was actually surprised it was still alive. It breathed heavily as it growled at Y/N it tries to lift it's head, but was unable to do so. It fell back down, whimpering. Y/N had walked around and began to pet it's head.