Chapter 3

The Neverseen base was... much nicer than Sophie expected. Even Iggy seemed to be gawking in his cage.

The way they had come was interesting. That was the only word she could come up with.

(Flashback)

Ruy was waiting for her and the yellow crystal had brought her to Wildwood Colony. He led her to the tree that she had inspected a few years ago and took off the Neverseen monocle pendant she hadn't realised was hanging around his neck.

Then, he reflected the darkness, creating a swirling dark pool of shadows at their feet. Sophie had stumbled back a few steps.

Rolling his eyes, Ruy had dragged her down with him without a second's hesitation.

The shadow leap, as Ruy had callen it, had felt cold on the outside but comfortable on the inside. It was like being  doused in water while being enveloped in a thick fluffy blanket. Other than that, it was very dark.

Seconds later, they arrived at a plain rocky terrain and Ruy had led her to a tall stone which was about 7 feet. It was so tall that she had to crane her neck to look at the top of it.

Seconds later, Ruy walked right through the rock, leaving Sophie to follow. He had placed his thumb on the rock where a needle had pricked his thumb. Then, the rock had flashed green and it read 'DNA recognised'.

She frowned doubtingly and slowly pushed her arm in. To her surprise, it went right through. Emerging from the other side, she found Ruy tapping his foot impatiently with his arms crossed.

(end of flashback)

The place they had come from was deserted and ugly. The other side was a completely different story.

It had a fancy rectangular gate that was rounded at the top, and it was black and gold. There were also intricate swirls and whorls.

When the gates swung open, it revealed a huge fountain that also had intricate carvings and had many tiers, going from small to big until it became a small pool. Water came out from the mouth of a carving that looked like a lion's head. It also spurted out from the top of the fountain and flowed down elegantly.

Lastly, there were neatly trimmed hedges that were healthy and green, with tall trees surrounding them

Sophie marvelled at the place. "Not what you were expecting huh?" Ruy asked. She shook her head. "Yeah, the one we gave Gisela's son was our most worn down one."

Sophie expected to feel some sort of anger at the Neverseen, but all she felt was a grim sort of satisfaction. Nodding, she said, "He deserved it."

Ruy angled his head, looking at her with an analytic glance before continuing. He led her through a series of corridors, and there were so many that even with her photographic memory, she was confused.

She was about to comment on it when they stopped in front of two modern looking sliding doors. In Sophie's opinion, they looked a lot like the doors in the human world.

Ruy turned sharply, pushing down on the handles.

Sophie knew what he was about to do, and couldn't help but mutter, "So dramatic," under her breath.

"I present to you, the leaders of the Neverseen," he announced, and flung the door open. 

and that is the third chapter! only. I'm already stuck. How do authors do thisssss?

I'm really sorry that I haven't been updating, I had exams. Constructive criticism is appreciated. Thank you for reading and stay safe!

~ Belisa