Chapter 9

I added a meme yayy :)

OMIGAWD, I'M SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR ALL ETERNITY IK IT'S VERY ANNOYING. I PROMISE YOU I KNOW. I'VE BEEN VERY BUSY WITH SCHOOL AND HAVE BEEN FAILING ALL MY TESTS. ANYWAY, I'LL UPDATE VERY VERY IRREGULARLY SO I'M SUPER SUPER SUPER SORRY.

"How did you get rid of the bodyguards?" Sophie asked Dalphina, raising her eyebrows.

Wylie Ednal, Marella Redek, Linh, and Tam Song whipped their heads to the girl perched in the tree. She was silent and poised like a cat.

"You think too lowly of me, my dear," Dalphina laughed, while her four friends gaped.

Their mouths opened and closed. It conveyed their feelings well enough.

Sophie sighed and leaped off the tree effortlessly. She waved uncertainly.

"What-"

Sophie monotonously recited the story for the hundredth time. There was a long pause before a wide range of reactions. Linh and Marella cried in happiness but also confusion at why Sophie didn't confide in them first. Tam and Wylie just stared on with an empty look. All the while, Dalphina watched with an amused look. (I feel like I use this expression a lot, does anyone have a substitute?)

"What are you going to do now?" Tam, the only one thinking straight, asked.

"I was thinking that you guys could join me when I'm with the Neverseen sometime? Maybe even tomorrow. It'll give you a new perspective that you might like better. It is completely your choice, I've already asked the leaders." Sophie spoke gently.

They pondered for a while. She suspected they were discussing whether or not they should go through Tam's shadow whispering.

"We'll come with you tomorrow Soph, apparently Glimmer already told Sandor we would be doing something private, and he told the other bodyguards," Linh said, narrowing her eyes at Dalphina. Sophie guessed Dalphina had been included in their discussion.

Linh trusted Glimmer now after spending more time with her. It also helped that her brother trusted Glimmer, but she still got annoyed with her sometimes.

Sophie raised her eyebrows at Dalphina, who shrugged. She nodded, preparing herself mentally, and they all light leaped away

The next day, while Sophie and Dalphina were waiting for Wylie, Marella, Linh, and Tam to arrive, Sophie realized something

The next day, while Sophie and Dalphina were waiting for Wylie, Marella, Linh, and Tam to arrive, Sophie realized something. (I'm finally clearing up this confusion clap for me guys.)

"Hang on, when did Ruy become an empath?" Sophie asked.

"Ruy originally manifested as a psionipath that's why he got banished from foxfire and turned in to the council by his parents. When the Neverseen took him in, they were trying to figure out how to make elves manifest another ability and needed a test subject. To repay the Neveerseen for taking him in, Ruy volunteered himself. The experiment succeeded and so he manifested as an empath." Dalphina explained.

Sophie nodded slowly as another lot of information was thrown at her.

Dalphina could not risk being seen taking the 4 teenagers anywhere or someone might get suspicious, so the Neverseen sent a dwarf to bring them to the Neverseen base the same way Sophie had been brought there.

As Sophie finished this thought, the four teenagers walked through the doors of her dorm. They marvelled at the room and Linh rushed to Iggy's cage to play with him.

"Welcome to our dorm," Dalphina squealed. "Since all of you just got here not long ago I'll be giving you a tour of this base, but before we start everyone please call me Dalphina. It's my real name. It's also confusing if half of you call me Glimmer and the other half call me Dalphina."

She thanked the dwarf and skipped out of the room, beckoning everyone to follow. As they passed people in the corridors and rooms, they waved to Dalphina. Some waved to Sophie and the 4 other teenagers too, but some other members glared slightly.

They came across Dex and Nubinti too, and the same thing happened to Linh, Wylie, Marella, and Tam as when Sophie found out they had been working for the Neverseen all along.

When they finished exploring the base, the 6 of them went back to Sophie and Dalphina's dorm.

Dalphina suddenly remembered, "Do you guys want to join me and Sophie at the New Year's Ball the Neverseen is hosting this Wednesday? It'll be fun!"

Linh and Marella jumped and squealed in unison, " YES CAN WE CAN WE CANWECANWE PLEASE?"

Dalphina laughed. "I'll give you the invitation cards but don't lose them, you have to show them to the guards to enter on that day."

"Have fun shopping!" Sophie smirked.

Tam and Wylie groaned, knowing they were in for a long day of shopping.

OMGGG I'M FINALLY DONE WITH THIS CHAPTER! I'M REALLY SORRY THAT I HAVEN'T BEEN UPDATING I KNOW ITS REALLY ANNOYING BUT I DON'T THINK I CAN UPDATE SOON MAYBE AFTER A LONG TIME I'M REALLY SORRY BUT THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING I WILL START ON THE NEXT CHAPTER ASAP. Constructive criticism is appreciated. Thank you for reading and stay safe! I hope you enjoyed this slightly longer chapter and I'm really really sorry!

~ Belisa