3. Strange

It had been a few days since Kit's little adventure. For some reason, she had been really tired every since. To reserve her strength, she had been mostly just mining a little cobble here and there and sleeping.

Now, she felt she had sufficient strength to officially start her first project. First, she had to let Vylad know what she was up to. She walked around to the front of the shack and knocked on the door. "Vylad?"

Kit listened but heard only rummaging inside. "Vylad?" She repeated. Still no response.

She cracked the door open, the sunlight pouring in. In the corner next to a chest was a hunched over figure. It turned its head to reveal glowing eyes. Kit's own eyes adjusted to the dark and she saw it was simply Vylad, albeit seemingly possessed, but Vylad all the same.

Kit slowly closed the door when the thing began hissing and backed away, choosing to leave it for another day and brushing off the chill that ran down her spine.

She instead crossed the creek to the spruce forest. She had been eyeing a small rise that looked like a mini natural bridge since she got there, and she wanted to try and terraform it for a house. She'd always wanted to build the house she saw in her mind, and finally felt she had the capabilites to do so.

She climbed the rock formation and looked around, nodding to herself when she knew this is where she would build her home. She chopped down the three trees on top, placed torches to prevent mob spawning, and went to work.

***

To say it was shabby was a lie. But to say it was magnificent was also a lie. It was merely decent. One floor, cobblestone gambrel roof, spruce walls, and a small porch, all together in the shape of a u. Nothing fancy, but not entirely basic.

Kit was proud of it. It had taken a week, but it was her best she'd done in a long time. What had she done to compare this to though? The thought bugged her. She feels like she had built huge, magnificent builds in the past, but how could she? She'd only been her for two weeks...

She shook off the thoughts, not that they would have lasted long in brain. Too much to grasp with far too many distractions.

She walked back to Vylad's shack, weary of the sight she had seen last week that she had been avoiding. She discarded all the unused materials in her still unorganized chests and circled around to the front door. She had to face Vylad at some point.

Knocking, Kit called out Vylad's name, and was met with the door opening.

"Yes?" Vylad questioned.

"Hey! Haven't talked to you in a bit." Kit scratched the back of her neck, avoiding eye contact. "Just figured I would, you know, check in and all that..."

"Oh. Well I guess you've checked in then." Vylad smiled, turning back to her room but leaving the door open. "Anything else you wanted to talk about?" She leaned over her crafting table, crafting an unknown item.

"Umm, no. No, I don't think..." Kit turned to leave. "Actually, there was one thing..."

"Hm?"

"So, you see, about last week..." She fidgeted with the small purple ribbon pinned to her overalls.

"What happened last week?"

"You don't... you don't remember...?" Kit took a step back and dropped her hand back to her side, unsure if this was a trap or not.

Vylad stood and faced her, confusion and concern etched onto her face. "I- no??"

Kit shook her head. "Oh, then it's nothing, don't worry about it." She started to leave but was stopped.

"Kit. What happened last week." Vylad's voice was intimidating when stern. She slowly approached Kit, maintaining eye contact. Kit was terrified of moving.

"I said it was nothing!" Kit insisted.

"No Kit. Something happened. Tell me what."

"I... You... Well umm...."

"Kit!"

"You were like some demon gremlin, dude!"

Vylad took a step in shock. "What?!"

"I'm just gonna go now..." Kit held eye contact for a second more and bolted. She heard Vylad screaming after her, running. With Dragonborn speed, she knew Vylad would be on her in a matter of seconds, so she needed to hide. She spotted the jungle. Climb, something whispered in the back of her mind. She veered right in the direction of the jungle and started climbing the towering green trees.

However, she felt a strong hand on the back of her overalls and was thrown on her back. The breath was knocked out of her, and she looked up to see a laughing Vylad. "That was hilarious!"

Kit rolled her eyes, and when she caught her breath got to her feet, grinning. "So... demon thing..?"

Vylad stopped laughing and looked her dead in the eye. "We shall never speak of it."

Kit chuckled nervously.

A/N: This entire chapter was literally all a joke. Except one part. Well, potentially two. But I can't tell you what part yet. Unless you know. I guess iykyk :D