4. Finally

Kit leaped down the hill, landing safely in the water which sizzled slightly around her higher than average body temperature. She swam to the other side and bounced up the sand dune, turning back around to look at her masterpiece.

It was her best yet.

It was her only.

It was her's.

Her first house, finished, soon to become her home. Her very own place to live. She loved Vylad, but that shack was not big enough for the two of them.

It was a u-shape with an a-frame roof. It had a little porch with stairs leading up to it as it was balancing on top of the small plateau she had been terraforming for the past month. The spruce walls and cobblestone foundation looked perfect together, even though it felt a little basic.

She couldn't wait to finish decorating the interior. For now all she had was a crafting table and a bed. But in this moment that was all she needed.

She looked down at her armor and tools. They weren't looking too good, cracks were showing in the iron. She'll need to go mining.

****

She emerged from the mineshaft and caves with seven diamonds. Not a lot, but enough. She had a full renewal of iron and coal stores, as well as an unnaturally large amount of stacks of lapis lazuli. She shrugged. If it work it works, she thought.

She stepped over the trench surrounding Vylad's shack, nearly falling in. This is new. She approached the door to the shack, knocking.

There was no response, and no sounds inside to hint at Vylad's presence. Kit remembered a hunched figure and the sounds of hissing which caused her to hesitate in her next move. She ultimately chose to open the door again.

She gave two quick knocks and then opened the door, intending to let Vylad know about her plans for the day, but stopped when she saw there was no one inside. She shrugged.

Vylad was probably on a supply run investigating pigs or something.

Probably.

Kit closed the door again and headed off to her chests. She dug around inside them in search of wool and some planks. She came out with just enough wool and many planks. Too many. She put three stacks back and kept the other two, briefly glancing at her 3x3 chunk tree farm. She shivered at the thought of ever farming it again.

She lightly jogged down the hill and through the stream, arriving at the bottom of the stairs leading up to her front porch. She slowed down, taking time to appreciate the handcrafted spruce stairs and intricate design details on the landing handrails at the top. She reached for the old fashioned steel handle and pulled the door to her new house open.

The smell of sawdust and wet stone greeted her, welcoming her home. She let out a happy sigh before lightly stepping to the other side of her house. She placed down a crafting table, a new bed, and a single chest. She was finally home.

She peered out the window, looking out over the plaines biome she had been camped out in for two months. It would always hold a special place in her heart, but for now, she was glad to be gone from it.

She saw the sky getting darker. Her window didn't allow her access to watching the sun set, nor the sunrise for that matter. She was looking toward the south. The one downside to her architecture. Still, that didn't make her love her new home less.

With the night sky visible, Kit finally allowed herself to rest in her bed for the first time. Finally, she had found a home.

A/N: This is the final happy chapter. I am in pain. The memories are flooding in again. Also to anyone wondering what the lapis mention was about, back around the time this all happened there was a minecraft life hack where you would travel 4 blocks south from lapis and you could dig straight down to find diamonds :D