Chapter 4: Sweet Melody

NATASHA POV:

I knew Y/N would be angry once she found out about the record but the thought of her swearing to herself was too much to resist. I made my way home after our encounter and played her record whilst I cleaned my apartment. She did have good taste and I quite enjoyed the older sounding music.

My favourite song from the Album was 'hey there Delilah', I always liked the sound of acoustic guitar.

Y/N POV:

Before I knew it I was waking up to sunlight beaming through my window almost blinding me. Normally the sun was still rising by the time I got up so I was confused as to why it was so high.

Then I checked my phone.

It was already 8:30.

"Shit" i hissed springing out of bed. My English lecture started in 10 minutes and I had only just woken up. It was that stupid record keeping me awake all night.

As fast as I could I threw on a short black dress because it was all I could find, a pair of tights, a leather coat and doc martens. My hair i'd had in a braid so when I took it out it flowed gently in waves.

"Thank god" I said, relieved that I wouldn't have to do my hair.

I was already going to be late by this point so decided to apply makeup and jewellery anyway. After brushing my teeth it was 8:50. Lesson had begun 10 minutes ago.

Suddenly the words from yesterday came flowing back. Words she'd specifically told me.

"Class on time tomorrow"

That's it I was so dead.

I practically raced across the road and down the long path until I reached the doors of the college.

9:10 am. I was 30 minutes late.

Hesitantly I pushed open the door to my English room before opening my mouth to apologise when she spoke instead.

"Where on earth have you been" she yelled turning to face me, when she stopped. Her eyes fixed on the rim of my dress hanging by the middle of my thighs. Maybe it was a little shorter than I had realised. Her mouth parted slightly before she coughed under her breath and began shouting again.

"30 minutes late Y/N is my class a joke to you. You know what stand outside a minute I need a word" she commanded before walking over to the door where I was standing.

I looked over at Carol and smiled awkwardly before obeying her.
There was no point arguing with her. I did as she asked standing in the hallway with her behind me.

Quickly her body snapped sideways before resuming her sentence.

"Are you kidding me. I thought I told you to be on time" she scowled folding her arms.

"Well it's your fault. I was up all night listening to that damb artic monkeys record" I spat back.

A smirk creeped over her lips at the idea that I had actually listened to it, and clearly liked it.

"You liked it then huh?" Her tone changed.

'Oh god please don't tease me'  i thought  'it's getting harder everyday not to push you up against a wall and take a better look down that shirt of yours'

"You look tired yourself Natasha were you listening to mine aswell" I realised what I'd just said. Her real name.

"Y/N I know it's extremely hard for you not to say my name but in here I'm Miss Romanoff. Got it" She smirked again.